Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 05:25 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,088,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
LOL yaz.

I visited PHX 3 yrs ago on July 4th, it was 117 degrees. After 110, the heat's not all that different. I love the heat. Saw on another thread that the dew point is currently 55, meaning the monsoons are coming soon. But when I was there on July 4th 3 years ago, the monsoons hadn't started yet. I don't think the humidity ever gets that difficult in PHX.

We tied a record yesterday of 2% humidity. That's pretty dry.

Don't think the dew point would be anywhere near 55?......

We'll hit 117 or so for a few days. It doesn't usually last for long. 108 is the norm for a summer day here. June 25, and it was the first morning this year where it was actually WARM. I get up at 3:00am and it's been relatively cool up 'til now.

The golf courses will be empty now. Cheap rates too. I'd be there manana if I didn't have to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 05:29 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,418,916 times
I don't mind the heat, it's much better than somewhere like Michigan where 90% humidity hits and you walk outside and can barely breathe.

I only mind the heat when I have to do outside work in the middle of the day, that can get intense.

My favorite part about the summer heat is the fact that you can swim at night, it's still 85 out and the water feels perfect at night!

Old 06-25-2010, 05:31 PM

11,080 posts, read 6,887,781 times
You guys are making me anxious to get to PHX! I am moving there later this year I don't mind 110 degrees as long as it's dry and there's a pool nearby or a bathtub

YAZ I saw that dewpoint info on another thread, forget where...

I can't believe this but the former San Francisco hippie girl (me) is thinking about learning to golf!!

Old 06-25-2010, 05:39 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
I don't mind the heat, it's much better than somewhere like Michigan where 90% humidity hits and you walk outside and can barely breathe.

I only mind the heat when I have to do outside work in the middle of the day, that can get intense.

My favorite part about the summer heat is the fact that you can swim at night, it's still 85 out and the water feels perfect at night!
I felt the pain.....I lived in Michigan for 40 years.

AC crankin', fans blowin'.....ya just can't get rid of moisture it seems. Leave for work at 6:00am and the leaves on the trees are drippin' as if it just rained.

go to a wedding and bring an extra shirt with ya for the reception. 'course the thunderstorms were pretty cool, sans tornadoes.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:40 PM
YAZ

Quote:
You guys are making me anxious to get to PHX! I am moving there later this year I don't mind 110 degrees as long as it's dry and there's a pool nearby or a bathtub

YAZ I saw that dewpoint info on another thread, forget where...

I can't believe this but the former San Francisco hippie girl (me) is thinking about learning to golf!!
You'll have fun in Phoenix.

And you can get your hippie fix in Sedona.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:43 PM

Oh no.... no no NO. I said former hippie! I despise trendy fake new age places. Had enough of them for a lifetime. I visited Sedona in 1960 when my parents took us camping in Oak Creek Canyon and we slipped and slid in Slide Rock before it got all trendy and built up . I don't want to spoil the memories! Never did get that donkey ride down into Grand Canyon though... my parents finked out. (I wasn't tall enough yet.)

Old 06-25-2010, 05:47 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Oh no.... no no NO. I said former hippie! I despise trendy fake new age places. Had enough of them for a lifetime. I visited Sedona in 1960 when my parents took us camping in Oak Creek Canyon and we slipped and slid in Slide Rock before it got all trendy and built up . I don't want to spoil the memories! Never did get that donkey ride down into Grand Canyon though... my parents finked out. (I wasn't tall enough yet.)

It's still a nice place to go.

Try to go during the week. A 'lil less crowded; easier to get around.

Hit Jerome while you're there.

No, Jerome is not a bad guy in the bar....

Old 06-25-2010, 05:52 PM

LOL we've visited Jerome too. I love Northern Arizona! Grew up visiting it. My parents religiously subscribed to Arizona Highways and I always read it cover to cover. Yeah I was a geek before the word was invented-nothing to do with computers!

I really think the weather and Arizona is going to agree with me. I'm tired of hibernating in my house in June. And I think the only way the humidity gets really bad there is if you stand in the middle of a golf course next to a fountain!

Old 06-25-2010, 05:56 PM

253 posts, read 463,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
Visited last week and it was 108 degrees. Having lived in humid Houston for 20+ years I dreaded it, but found it was just really warm. Am I nuts? It didn't bother me all that much either, and, when it got too hot, I just went into the shade or inside the house.
Yes. You are nuts. But don't pay any attention to me. I'm nuts about it too. And aren't the evenings outside wonderful?

Old 06-25-2010, 06:02 PM

Dinner parties in the pool where you float up to the side and "gnosh" are great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area