Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who has better food?
Phoenix 20 86.96%
Tuscon 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 06:20 PM

932 posts, read 1,963,830 times

Advertisements

Who do you think has better food Phoenix or Tuscon? And I mean in all categories, which has the best resturants, fresh food, best pizza, most unique resturants, better serviced, and etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 07:15 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Who do you think has better food Phoenix or Tuscon? And I mean in all categories, which has the best resturants, fresh food, best pizza, most unique resturants, better serviced, and etc.
Interesting question, Phxguy

Considering Phoenix has about 20 times as many people, I would assume there are about 20 times as many restaurants so the laws of averages would indicate Phoenix over Tucson.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:20 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,518,721 times
Phoenix.

But, then again, Tucson has Eegees....

Old 06-27-2010, 07:22 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,518,721 times
...Wait, just realized we're talking about Tuscon and not Tucson. I have no idea about the food in Tuscon....

Old 06-27-2010, 08:05 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
Phoenix.

Whoooooops, I forgot about no Eegees in Phoenix.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:16 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,321,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
Phoenix.

What is it you like about that place? I went one time and never saw the point of going back. People told me they loved that frozen drink thing, but it tasted to me like a frozen daquari without the booze and with 10 times more sugar.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:24 AM

687 posts, read 1,946,782 times
You can find really great food in Tucson - as good as I've had anywhere. But Phoenix is just a bigger city with more great restaurants to show for it.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:09 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
It's not a fair question. You are comparing a metro area that is over 5 times the size of Tucson and asking which has better food? There is no comparison. Phoenix is a major metropolitan area that is far more developed and has more choices and famous restaurants.

I will say this though, most people on this forum have no clue about the restaurant scene in the Phoenix area. I still hear assinine comments about Phoenix only having chains. Nothing could be further from the truth. If people want some proof, go to www.yelp.com/phoenix. Everyday, I see new restaurants.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:12 PM

932 posts, read 1,963,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
It's not a fair question. You are comparing a metro area that is over 5 times the size of Tucson and asking which has better food? There is no comparison. Phoenix is a major metropolitan area that is far more developed and has more choices and famous restaurants.

I will say this though, most people on this forum have no clue about the restaurant scene in the Phoenix area. I still hear assinine comments about Phoenix only having chains. Nothing could be further from the truth. If people want some proof, go to www.yelp.com/phoenix. Everyday, I see new restaurants.
Yeah I was thinking some people were going to say Tucson because they think Phoenix has all chains.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:08 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,570,821 times
Well yes, the answer is obvious, Phoenix is the winner, because its size means more variety.

I lived in Tucson for four years. I love its restaurants. I lived in a tiny town in California eleven years before that and the restaurants included McDonald's - in a restaurant guide. So that is my perspective. I haven't eaten at Tucson's fine restaurants for ten years, since I am mostly in Phoenix or outside Arizona. But my favorites included McMahon's steakhouse, Gavi Italian Restaurant (cioppino was incredible those days), Micha's Mexican food, Cafe Poca Cosa, India Oven Cuisine (where my favorite girlfriend and I had our first date), Blue Willow, Caruso's, Sakura, and for breakfast any Brueggar's Bagels. Not sure if the standards have been kept up like over ten years ago. But Just wanted to add my input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area