Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which area would appeal to you most to live in
North Phoenix - areas around where I17 & 101 meet 30 63.83%
West Mesa - south of Fiesta Mall near Alma School & Baseline 1 2.13%
East Mesa - west of Spstn Springs Mall, near Southern & Sossaman 9 19.15%
West Glendale - east of 101 near Indian School & 83rd Ave 7 14.89%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 07:02 PM

418 posts, read 1,312,209 times

Advertisements

Consider all things as far as adults are concerned: niceness, safety, traffic/travel, sports, restaurants, entertainment, quality of life now and for next 20 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 07:04 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
Sorry, I don't see the point in threads like this, but I'll vote Tempe just to play along.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:25 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,517,566 times
Is this to help you decide where to live?
If so, I suggest looking at where you will work and go from there.
If not, I would vote for several places not listed before voting for the options you gave (not that there is anything wrong with those places, but there are certainly some nicer areas).

Old 10-05-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
Is this to help you decide where to live?
If so, I suggest looking at where you will work and go from there.
If not, I would vote for several places not listed before voting for the options you gave (not that there is anything wrong with those places, but there are certainly some nicer areas).

I know there are nicer areas, but these four meet my criteria of what I need and what works for me. The number one thing being that I have found a cute lovely foreclosure home in each of these areas with a pool for under $90,000 which is all I have in cash to spend on a home. There are 5 or 6 restaurants I like to eat at and 3 of those 4 have all of them nearby. And they all are next to a freeway and within 20 miles or so of the hospital in the middle of Phoenix that I need to go to every month. I actually would like to live near the hospital but am afraid to live in the center of Phoenix being old and disabled, plus prices and taxes for something really nice and newer are more.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:50 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,484,089 times
If you're young and want to be by some nice bars...I vote for west Glendale.......I wouldn't live there with my kids. If I was single and worked by there, I think it would be fun.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:54 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,484,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware_of_Dog View Post
I actually would like to live near the hospital but am afraid to live in the center of Phoenix being old and disabled, plus prices and taxes for something really nice and newer are more.
You know that the W. Glendale address is close to the ghetto(where most of the murders/crime) of Phoenix? There are some very very nice areas of Central Phoenix. You may be able to get a decent place on the "edge" of a nice place in C. Phoenix.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:13 PM

894 posts, read 2,202,021 times
I chose East Mesa, just for the fact that it is the edge of the Valley, and easy to get on 87 to Payson. Great Camping up there, and the east valley gets all the rain. Just stay out of Apache Junction.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:10 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,570,002 times
Well you did not include other areas: Ahwatukee, SCOTTSDALE (glaringly missing), Fountain Hills, North Scottsdale, and so on. I'm partial to North Phoenix, so I put my vote for that one. BTW: I thought Desert Ridge is also in North Phoenix...

Old 10-05-2010, 09:14 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,517,566 times
Quote:
I know there are nicer areas, but these four meet my criteria of what I need and what works for me. The number one thing being that I have found a cute lovely foreclosure home in each of these areas with a pool for under $90,000 which is all I have in cash to spend on a home. There are 5 or 6 restaurants I like to eat at and 3 of those 4 have all of them nearby. And they all are next to a freeway and within 20 miles or so of the hospital in the middle of Phoenix that I need to go to every month. I actually would like to live near the hospital but am afraid to live in the center of Phoenix being old and disabled, plus prices and taxes for something really nice and newer are more.
Well, good luck to you. 90k for a house with a pool? Just remember, you get what you pay for. They are most likely in bad neighborhoods and/or in need of plenty of repairs. But, without knowing specific information, maybe you are lucky and stumbled upon some great deals. Who knows?

Old 10-06-2010, 02:05 PM

Well, it is looking like the vast majority of you so far like the north area of Phoenix better than the east or west valleys. I do see that it is a good freeway location with every artery connecting near there, 17, 101, and 51. And it is the best location for heading north to beat the heat in summer or head to Vegas. One would save an hour driving across Phoenix to get to where you would already be starting from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area