Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2010, 08:50 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,779,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
One could buy a car (maybe two) and fuel it for 5 years on that differential. Of course, the hassle/time factor comes into play, but I think the math is going to be very attractive to people.
The drive out there when I would have to go on occasion is a sticking point for me. However, as the infrastructure grows, with more jobs in the area, and many people working from their homes, those who live there won't need to commute, which can make it even more attractive.

I'll have to do some more thinking on that area

Last edited by Captain Bill; 12-01-2010 at 09:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 08:58 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
That's one reason why QC is difficult for me to consider. However, as the infrastructure grows, with more jobs in the area, and many people working from their homes, they won't need to commute.
I suspect a lot of folks just rationalize that concern away. I know that is what I did when I moved to the new Ahwatukee development, LOL! California commuters have been doing two hour drive-till-you-qualify deals for many years. I guess at some point the city just gets so big and expensive closer in that people come to accept that as the "price" for having a nice place.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:03 AM

523 posts, read 937,489 times
Hi Tashina,

I am simply trying to provide people with an accurate view of the market given the fundamental factors out there right now. I feel that it is very dishonest and hurtful when people in the industry try to cover up real, concerning negative news about pending and future falling values. It isn't right.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:27 AM

9,742 posts, read 11,163,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnicAZ View Post
Hi Tashina,

I am simply trying to provide people with an accurate view of the market given the fundamental factors out there right now. I feel that it is very dishonest and hurtful when people in the industry try to cover up real, concerning negative news about pending and future falling values. It isn't right.

EnicAZ. In a prevous post you said you are a RE agent. Yes?? If so, would you sell a person a house even after you did your best to convince them it that the Phoenix market is going down in a ball of flames??

Old 12-01-2010, 10:03 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,581,108 times
Quote:
...I feel that it is very dishonest and hurtful when people in the industry try to cover up real, concerning negative news about pending and future falling values. It isn't right.
And I think it's just as bad to "cover up" positive indicators as well. The goal should be to provide a balanced view to clients so they can decide what is best for them. Only presenting extreme views to one side or the other is not fair or honest.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:39 AM

9,742 posts, read 11,163,289 times
"And I think it's just as bad to "cover up" positive indicators as well. The goal should be to provide a balanced view to clients so they can decide what is best for them. Only presenting extreme views to one side or the other is not fair or honest."

True!

Old 12-01-2010, 10:57 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
"And I think it's just as bad to "cover up" positive indicators as well. The goal should be to provide a balanced view to clients so they can decide what is best for them. Only presenting extreme views to one side or the other is not fair or honest."

True!
There is so much good news lately all the way from Wall Street in New York to Central Avenue in Phoenix. It is simply wrong to use known bad data and continually repeat false claims over and over to try to hide the real facts. I think forum readers are catching on though and we should continue to shine sunlight on the false prophets of C-D.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:51 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,517,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
There is so much good news lately all the way from Wall Street in New York to Central Avenue in Phoenix. It is simply wrong to use known bad data and continually repeat false claims over and over to try to hide the real facts. I think forum readers are catching on though and we should continue to shine sunlight on the false prophets of C-D.

Study: New negative trend in Phoenix housing market

Old 12-01-2010, 09:52 PM

523 posts, read 937,489 times
Born-N-Raised:

"EnicAZ. In a prevous post you said you are a RE agent. Yes?? If so, would you sell a person a house even after you did your best to convince them it that the Phoenix market is going down in a ball of flames??"

It is my fiduciary to not have people I work with lose money. This is why I give the state of the market as it is. Not what might get me a quick commission, which will then an angry, money-losing customer.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:58 PM

295 posts, read 552,761 times
Quote:
Hi Tashina,

I appreciate you are saying it like it is. With the dismal job market in the Phoenix area, we need people to plan better. This means shacking up with friends and family and doing whatever it takes to adjust to the new economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area