Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 01:16 PM

30 posts, read 127,184 times

Advertisements

Hi all! I am visiting the Phoenix area in November! Just curious...what is trendy and what is normal wear for this time of year? (aka are shorts and flip flops ok?) Also, visiting Scottsdale...what's trendy clothing wise there? I have no idea what to pack! Help would be awesome! Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 02:28 PM

894 posts, read 2,201,803 times
Lol, flip flops and shorts. Nope. Not in November. Bring long pants, a decent jacket, chap stick and lotion. It gets cold in Arizona, as odd as that may sound.

The wind is really blowing at this time of year. You are going to need lotion for your face and hands, they will dry out. Chapstick for the lips, same scenario.
It warms up a little during the day, around high 60's-70's, but the wind is still cold.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:37 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,696,569 times
Average high is in the upper 60's to low to mid 70's. Low gets into the 50's. I sometimes wear shorts in November, it depends on what is comfortable to you.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:54 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Flip-flops, no. Walking shorts, with the appropriate shirt, may be perfectly comfortable on a nice day, but bring slacks as well. Layers are another key. Bring a variety of things that you can mix and match, and a jacket for chilly nights/mornings.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:55 PM

30 posts, read 127,184 times
Awesome! I was not thinking that shorts would be appropriate, but thought I would check anyway! Any great ideas on what to do? I def want to do some outdoor things...maybe throw in some fun cultural stuff...Ideas???

Old 10-19-2009, 04:38 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Both the Desert Botanical Garden and the Phoenix Zoo are great to visit that time of year. It's a lovely walk (including some hills, so it's good exercise) through both places, and they are right next to each other, essentially, in Papago Park in Scottsdale.

Old Town (downtown) Scottsdale is great to stroll through too-- interesting shops, galleries, restaurants.

Heard Museum in downtown Phoenix. Wonderful Southwest/Indian history museum, beautiful gift shop.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:56 PM

17 posts, read 128,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azbatman86 View Post
Lol, flip flops and shorts. Nope. Not in November. Bring long pants, a decent jacket, chap stick and lotion. It gets cold in Arizona, as odd as that may sound.

The wind is really blowing at this time of year. You are going to need lotion for your face and hands, they will dry out. Chapstick for the lips, same scenario.
It warms up a little during the day, around high 60's-70's, but the wind is still cold.

Hope this helps.
In Phoenix, you can wear shorts year round if you so feel inclined. Same goes with flops. True, there are a few weeks in December and January that are a bit cool. As far as the wind, there's no more or less than anywhere else. Phoenix is not known for continuous wind or even seasonal wind. Sheesh, it's near the end of October and we're still hittin' near 100's for highs. If your worried about being cold, layer but don't come prepared for a snowstorm. We do have humidity levels in the single digits however and the chapstick and lotion is good advice for those that are not used to it.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:15 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,416,255 times
If you're around Old Town on a Friday/Saturday night, you'll be surprised what is considered trendy.

I would just wear whatever is comfortable, and if you plan on going out bring something nice. I wear shorts and a t-shirt most of the year, sometimes in the winter I wear a sweater but not usually, I don't mind the cold.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:08 AM

11 posts, read 76,181 times
If you are so inclined, November is also an excellent time to go hiking in the Phoenix area. You might try climbing Camelback Mountain for a quintessential Phoenix/Scottsdale experience, but that's a fairy challenging hike. There are a wide variety of excellent hikes for all skill levels and timeframes throughout the valley. Arizona Hiking Trails - Phoenix Hikes

Experiencing the beauty of AZ on a hike will give you some great memories to take home.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:16 AM

11 posts, read 76,181 times
Sorry, but the link I provided above leads only to some rather vigorous trails. Here are some easier ones as well (probably better suited for a vacationer): Best Easy Day Hikes: Phoenix Guide Book
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area