Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2011, 10:44 PM

53 posts, read 131,604 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody,
My husband and I will relocate to Mesa this summer. We will buy a house in Dobson Ranch soon.
We have been living in Montclair, VA , for 13 years now. In this neighborhood every other house has dogs, one or more. We have Emma, our two-year old Golden Retriever, since she was 7 weeks old so she is practically our baby. She doesn’t like the hot summer days we have here, so our major concern is if she will she adapt to the new climate in Phoenix. Here, we walk her every day up and down our beautiful quiet streets, we socialize her in our park by the lake with other dogs, over the weekends we do longer walks together that she loves and we cherish. Will we be able to walk Emma in Dobson Ranch? Are there are any dog parks nearby? Do our neighbors have dogs or are they dog lovers? Emma is a very quiet dog so barking is not a problem, walking her in the street might become a problem. Please respond. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 04:48 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,422,460 times
I would think there are a lot of dogs in Dobson Ranch, so you'd have plenty of dog walking company. I don't keep track of dog park locations as I would not use one, but there is a nice park in the area where I would assume several people walk their dogs.

Good luck to you on your move, and welcome, in advance!

Old 01-30-2011, 01:11 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,781,079 times
Yes Endurance, there are a lot of dogs in Dobson Ranch and Emma will have plenty of company.

I have several clients who are also looking in Dobson Ranch, and you'll find it to be very pet friendly.

You'll be able to take about a 30 minute drive over to the Cosmo Dog Park in Gilbert on Ray Rd between Higley and Greenfield where Emma can shed the leash and go swimming and retrieving frisbies from the lake.

It's a great park and is named after one of the first Gilbert Police Canines.

Dobson Ranch has lake areas that you can walk around, but Emma can't swim there.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:12 PM

240 posts, read 838,336 times
Dobson Ranch is a great area, and the people are very nice! After a quick survey of our immediate neighbors, we counted over a dozen dogs, including four Golden Retrievers. It is common to see people walking their dogs here, and you will be able to walk Emma in Dobson Ranch. Our recreation department runs various events for the community, and last year the recreation department converted Laguna Park, one of our community parks, into a dog park for a day. There are some pictures of the event here. We also have pet clean-up stations located in the community in case you need a doggy bag. There is a leash law, but given our convenient location, you have easy access to a number of dog parks for some off-leash fun:As you know, we do have hot summer days, and you will want to take care not to walk Emma on scalding sidewalks. As a rule of thumb, if you cannot walk barefoot on the sidewalk, don't walk Emma. The best time in summer to walk dogs is early morning or later afternoon once the sun sets. Check here too for information about dogs and desert heat. Welcome to Dobson Ranch.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:28 AM

53 posts, read 131,604 times
I love you guys! See you soon in los lagos vista.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area