Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 11:44 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,162,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head coach View Post
Now, if you need anything, send me a PM. This way it's not going to look like I am trying to get you to move here next week. Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babynuggeto View Post
I want to move, years from now
I think the o/p just wanted reassurance as to the safety of living in Scottsdale. As previoulsy stated, she is not moving for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 12:17 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,582,493 times
Quote:
...Anyway, the last statistic I could find on crime in Scottsdale was from 2003.
Did you try the city website?

https://eservices.scottsdaleaz.gov/dmc/crimes/default.asp (broken link)

Crime Statistics

Old 02-14-2011, 11:03 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
According to City Data logic, wealthy neighborhoods like Scottsdale and Beverly Hills are dangerous.

As usual, I will defy conventional City Data logic and try to insert some normalcy back into this forum.....of course Scottsdale is safe. The question you should ask is can you afford to live in Scottsdale, based on one of your previous answers, you can afford to live there so yes, you will be safe. The wealthier and upscale the neighborhood, the safer it is. Criminals for the most part, try to avoid these areas. Criminals know police is more active and responsive in these neighborhoods. They know more people have security systems and neighbors are more alert (and paranoid) and will likely keep a closer eye on what's going as opposed to the apathy that's often exists in poorer neighborhoods that experience crime.

In short, you will be safe in Scottsdale.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:18 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,319,598 times
To the OP: You say you've "never had anything happen to me my whole life." So have you asked yourself why then you worry so much about these things? I've been the victim of both a mugging and a major felony in my life and I don't feel half as paranoid as you sound. People who obsess about crimes that might happen to them are putting themselves in prison. Do you really want to live like that? Take careful precautions for personal safety no matter where you are, then stop worrying about it.

[mod cut-- off topic]

Last edited by observer53; 02-15-2011 at 05:54 AM..

Old 03-13-2011, 11:39 AM

53 posts, read 219,233 times
I would suggest some of the Mark Taylor Properties, I lived in the Chandler property, a single woman, I felt very safe. It was gated.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:06 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,700,587 times
Quote:
Sorry if this has been posted before, I checked but didn't see anything too similar.
I want to move, years from now, but I'm researching all my options now. I'll be around 27-30, probably single, when I move, and I was wondering if Scottsdale is a relatively safe place to live. I've been paranoid about my safety my entire life, so if this isn't a really safe place to live in Arizona what are some other cities I could look into? thanks in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
There is some level of crime everywhere, but Scottsdale is quite safe for a single woman to live in (there's hundreds if not thousands of them there now, I assume). Don't let your paranoia about safety rule your life and impair your enjoyment of where you live. Relax, use common sense and good judgment, and you will likely be quite safe.
That pretty much says it all. I've lived in downtown Scottsdale and I've always felt safe. There isn't much to it really.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:56 AM

1 posts, read 930 times
I have been here in Scottsdale for nearly a month, currently looking for a home to buy to retire in. I can address the issue of safety and can tell you that I have not heard of, not encountered an unsafe situation. Even the low income areas in the southernmost neighborhoods of Scottsdale appear amazingly clean, no grafitti, no garbage anywhere, and people appear well behaved and don't look suspicious. You go farther north to the nicer looking neighborhoods, and it's the same---clean, safe...Of course, you will always need to use judgment like not leaving valuables in your car. The Old Town where there are many shops and restaurants is safe but there are also a lot tourists which means there's bound to be pickpockets around. But that is true anywhere. So overall, I wouldn't worry. This is one of the safest towns I've ever been in.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:11 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,683,428 times
Quote:
Sorry if this has been posted before, I checked but didn't see anything too similar.
I want to move, years from now, but I'm researching all my options now. I'll be around 27-30, probably single, when I move, and I was wondering if Scottsdale is a relatively safe place to live. I've been paranoid about my safety my entire life, so if this isn't a really safe place to live in Arizona what are some other cities I could look into? thanks in advance
Scottsdale? Very safe. If you can't be safe in Scottsdale, I'm not sure where you could be safe. Maybe locked up in a bank vault someplace guarded by Navy Seals? Still, like everywhere, you have to exercise some common sense.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:15 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
The OP hasn't posted since February 2011. It's a safe bet she does not need to be reassured because she's not reading.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:31 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,140,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
The OP hasn't posted since February 2011. It's a safe bet she does not need to be reassured because she's not reading.
Maybe she moved to Scottsdale and was kidnapped. RIP OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area