Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 06:32 PM

4 posts, read 62,057 times

Advertisements

Sorry if this has been posted before, I checked but didn't see anything too similar.
I want to move, years from now, but I'm researching all my options now. I'll be around 27-30, probably single, when I move, and I was wondering if Scottsdale is a relatively safe place to live. I've been paranoid about my safety my entire life, so if this isn't a really safe place to live in Arizona what are some other cities I could look into? thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 06:45 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,398,231 times
There is some level of crime everywhere, but Scottsdale is quite safe for a single woman to live in (there's hundreds if not thousands of them there now, I assume). Don't let your paranoia about safety rule your life and impair your enjoyment of where you live. Relax, use common sense and good judgment, and you will likely be quite safe.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:01 PM

467 posts, read 1,189,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babynuggeto View Post
Sorry if this has been posted before, I checked but didn't see anything too similar.
I want to move, years from now, but I'm researching all my options now. I'll be around 27-30, probably single, when I move, and I was wondering if Scottsdale is a relatively safe place to live. I've been paranoid about my safety my entire life, so if this isn't a really safe place to live in Arizona what are some other cities I could look into? thanks in advance
Ok, what are your options? The crime rate is pretty low if not any. But it depends on where you want to live in Scottsdale? Now to help you with this, you have to tell us what you are looking for in ways of an apartment or a house? Ok, how much did you want to spend on rent, or how much were you going to put down for a house. If it a house, what price range are you looking for.

No, I am not in house selling business. If you tell us what kind of money you want to spend, we will have a better Idea where you should stay. Now, anything north side of E. Bell home start about $800,000.00 Anything on the south side of the road, home are in the mid-range from $325,000.00 to $500,000.00 maybe pushing $600,000.00 but no more.

Ok..how about this...anything south of the south canal are homes about $200,000. and down. Anything north of the south canal is mid-ranger, say $200,000 to $400,000 max. Any thing north of the north canal is to high end for me. they go any where from $800,000.00 to $6 maybe $11 Million

Just south of the north canal you can fine some great apartments starting about $800.00 a month. The further south you go, the Cheaper the apartments are and they look it!

Now having said that, Scottsdale is probably one of the safest places in the South West.(for a big city) I don't see a whole lot of crime or hear about crime, north of the south canal...which is pretty good because that make up about 75% of the Scottsdale area.

The Scottsdale Police department is just north of the south canal. And let me tell you...they guys are strict. Don't even think about going over the speed limit on the side roads. They have Motorcycle cops...everywhere. But, this is good, because they are a presents. And if you are really stupid bad guy, it would be very smart not to even step foot across the south canal going north.

Now, old town Scottsdale is in the bottom quarter where some home are getting less expensive. But, as you get closer to old town Scottsdale the price goes up. No, if you want to be pampered, Scottsdale is the place. I lost count on how many spa's there are. And so many restaurants you will not be able to go to all of them in two year if you try.

Last edited by observer53; 02-12-2011 at 09:20 PM.. Reason: The OP is not moving NOW.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:19 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,398,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head coach View Post
Ok, what are your options? The crime rate is pretty low if not any. But it depends on where you want to live in Scottsdale? Now to help you with this, you have to tell us what you are looking for in ways of an apartment or a house? Ok, how much did you want to spend on rent, or how much were you going to put down for a house. If it a house, what price range are you looking for.

No, I am not in house selling business. If you tell us what kind of money you want to spend, we will have a better Idea where you should stay. Now, anything north side of E. Bell home start about $800,000.00 Anything on the south side of the road, home are in the mid-range from $325,000.00 to $500,000.00 maybe pushing $600,000.00 but no more.

Ok..how about this...anything south of the south canal are homes about $200,000. and down. Anything north of the south canal is mid-ranger, say $200,000 to $400,000 max. Any thing north of the north canal is to high end for me. they go any where from $800,000.00 to $6 maybe $11 Million

Just south of the north canal you can fine some great apartments starting about $800.00 a month. The further south you go, the Cheaper the apartments are and they look it!

Now having said that, Scottsdale is probably one of the safest places in the South West.(for a big city) I don't see a whole lot of crime or hear about crime, north of the south canal...which is pretty good because that make up about 75% of the Scottsdale area.

The Scottsdale Police department is just north of the south canal. And let me tell you...they guys are strict. Don't even think about going over the speed limit on the side roads. They have Motorcycle cops...everywhere. But, this is good, because they are a presents. And if you are really stupid bad guy, it would be very smart not to even step foot across the south canal going north.

Now, old town Scottsdale is in the bottom quarter where some home are getting less expensive. But, as you get closer to old town Scottsdale the price goes up. No, if you want to be pampered, Scottsdale is the place. I lost count on how many spa's there are. And so many restaurants you will not be able to go to all of them in two year if you try.

Send me some number and I can recommend more.
If you read her post carefully, she isn't moving "for years". Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head coach View Post

No apartments, just houses. The maximum price being around 900,000. I dont want to be out in the middle of BFE, and I'd like to be close to medical jobs.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
There is some level of crime everywhere, but Scottsdale is quite safe for a single woman to live in (there's hundreds if not thousands of them there now, I assume). Don't let your paranoia about safety rule your life and impair your enjoyment of where you live. Relax, use common sense and good judgment, and you will likely be quite safe.
You're definitely right about that. Sometimes I just need things put in perspective because my imagination gets a little carried away, haha. Thank you!

Old 02-13-2011, 11:04 AM

15,595 posts, read 15,655,549 times
If you're that paranoid about your safety - especially odd considering that crime rates have plummeted - you can always go checking actual statistics, instead of relying on opinion and word of mouth.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
If you're that paranoid about your safety - especially odd considering that crime rates have plummeted - you can always go checking actual statistics, instead of relying on opinion and word of mouth.
I'd rather get an opinion on the subject from someone who actually lives there rather than a statistic. I live in Indianapolis, which is supposedly the 33rd most dangerous city in the country, but I've never had anything happen to me my whole life. Anyway, the last statistic I could find on crime in Scottsdale was from 2003.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:05 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,981,668 times
Danger is always around the corner when you live near rich old people.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:37 AM

467 posts, read 1,189,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babynuggeto View Post
No apartments, just houses. The maximum price being around 900,000. I dont want to be out in the middle of BFE, and I'd like to be close to medical jobs.
Ok, that you for the info. Now, I can recommend a couple of great places within the Scottsdale area. Now, the first one really isn't Scottsdale. But if I could do thing differently, I would have done here.

Now, just one block south for North 101. Between Scottsdale St. and Tatum is the Mayo Hospital, perfect place for you too work. Now, just to the north of the Mayo across from the 101 on the west side is an out side mall called Desert Ridge.

They have almost every type of store there that you would think of. You can find it here: Desert Ridge Marketplace | Phoenix Shopping

Now, just east of that is another on the east side of the mall, across the street is one of the finest Luxury Hotel, built by the Marriott. You can find it here: JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort

Now, just to the east side of the Marriott on the same side of the road is a place called Toscana of Desert Ridge. You can find it here: Toscana of Desert Ridge...the Ultimate Address! Located in Phoenix, Arizona adjacent to two championship golf courses and world class shopping. Offering golf, large health club and gym, luxurious pools and spa, fabulous restaurants, pink jeep adventu

Now, I can go on and on about these three places, but the links will tell you everything you need to know. Like I said, If I can live in Toscana...I would.

Plus, it is like a fortress. The main gate has a Guard and ALL visitors have to check in and practically get the rubber glove test. Plus they have several on site security guys and go around in a golf cart checking cars.
You don't have the little pass on your window, you are in deep...
Well, lets not test the theory. If you ask me it's just a little over kill I think. But the place security is worth every dime you spend.

All three of these are within 5 minutes from the Mayo Hospital.
Now, I recommend that you give them a call to get pricing. They are in the final stages of a new complex just west of the main complex, right off the golf course.

Now, if you need anything, send me a PM. This way it's not going to look like I am trying to get you to move here next week. Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area