Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2011, 08:22 PM

475 posts, read 814,578 times

Advertisements

I'll be in Phoenix at the end of next week to shop for some furniture and a W/D for my vacation home. I do plan on buying new stuff however if anyone has some GOOD quality stuff they would like to sell and are in the N Phoenix area give me a DM. I plan on buying new mattresses and upholstered items however tables chairs end tables , W/D etc ..good used stuff would suffice.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:51 PM

190 posts, read 449,676 times
Hi!
One day when I was thinking a house deal would work out in Fountain Hills - I found a store called Colors -- went in and looked around... It was a furniture store ... The employee then told me there was 2 other buildings in FH that had used furniture for sale - one a warehouse type room - and another a small boutique for furniture etc.. All the same company though "Colors"

When I went into the warehouse (for lack of a better word I guess) - there was some awesome furniture in there - that wasn't all new. In fact she said they accept furniture there to sell to people - maybe a consignment thing - I was ecstatic to see things I could afford...meaning not everything was brand new - yet the pre-owned things were well priced and nice looking.

The website is http://ilovecolors.net/about.html

So if you are in town and browsing - you could maybe go to FH for lunch and check these 3 places out - all close together - 2 you can walk to while parking just once - the third you drive to another place in FH but still not that far...

I know if I ever get a house to buy - that was going to be one of my first stops!

Good Luck & safe travels...

Old 08-10-2011, 09:15 PM

475 posts, read 814,578 times
Thanks...that's an option.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:05 PM

284 posts, read 700,712 times
You might check Craig's list. Some folks in our community just posted furniture there, looked nice and it was reasonably priced.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:18 PM

782 posts, read 1,108,932 times
There is a Goodwill store on Scottsdale Rd. between McDowell and Thomas on the east side of the street. It is for furniture only...and pretty high end stuff too.. in used but looks new condition. I would definately look there.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:47 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,161,033 times
Go drive around Sun City West. There are always auctions as well as pre priced sales. A friend of mine has picked up a lot of steals.

Do be careful on W/D. 4 years ago, a newer version of a washer and dryer (loaded with sensors) was over $1000 each. Now they are $500 each new when you pick up a decent deal. So people on Craigslist who are lost their home assume that selling their once $1000 deluxe washer or dryer for 1/2 off is a good deal. It's not. I got a LG washer and dryer at Bbuy that was normally $699 for $479 ea (look for the model change outs time frames). Everything is negotiable at BB assuming you get the right sales person including delivery charges. Note: the washers come with hoses but BB claims they don't. They want to sell a $50 hose set when you don't have to. Don't bother with Sears Outlet. Again, I got a better washer for less new versus a dented one at Sears. Sears Outlet on average is NOT a good deal unless you want a mismatched pair and then it is a tie versus BB.

I put a good deal of research in appliances. I checkout everybody (Fry's, Lowe's, BB, Sears, Outlet Centers, Craigslist etc). Normally BB isn't the cheapest but they were on the appliances. Hands down.

Good Luck.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:56 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,161,033 times
Re: the mattress. I called all the chain outlet stores to see what they had. I did very well by getting 4 sets of discontinued models. I also pushed for even a better deal versus what was advertised inside their store. I forget what I a paid but it was hundreds cheaper than Sams or Costco. If you interested please DM me and I can look it up. They charged me a one time delivery fee for no matter how many sets I ordered. Since delivery fees add up, I bought them all at the same spots. If you don't mind miss matched box sets you can save more. I wanted them to match.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:05 PM

267 posts, read 692,806 times
We got a couple of decent things from Tanaka Gallery in western Mesa -- a farm-style dinette set and matching sofa and love seat. Mostly they have nicer used, with a few new things such as the sofa and love seat we got.

And, we also got a bedroom set (headboard, dresser, small dressers/end tables, small table) and a set of glass-topped living room tables (coffee table and two end tables) from the Shabby Shack on University in Central Mesa.

Last edited by rgscpat; 08-11-2011 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: more content to add

Old 08-12-2011, 09:44 PM

47 posts, read 152,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post
There is a Goodwill store on Scottsdale Rd. between McDowell and Thomas on the east side of the street. It is for furniture only...and pretty high end stuff too.. in used but looks new condition. I would definately look there.

I was there the other day and found the furniture was very nice. I wonder if you can get the 1/2 price on the every other Saturdays for their furniture. I did not ask. The 13, this Saturday is half price Saturday and every other Saturday from that date. You may want to call and see if the discounts apply to that store as it does to the other stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area