Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 10:42 AM

4 posts, read 16,005 times

Advertisements

My family and I are re-locating from Southern California (Ladera Ranch) to the Phoenix area. We are very interested in the East Mesa community of Mountain Bridge. We are a young couple with 2 children (9) and (3). Living in California we really enjoy the outdoors. Our whole family is very active so the trail system and closeness to the mountain areas is very appealing to us. We also enjoy the fact that our current community is filled with people that are 30 somethings also w/ Kids. Our fear is that Mountain Bridge is NOT filled with Kids and won't have the same fun 30 somethings that enjoy a similar lifestyle that we do.

If anyone can share information about the demographic of Mountain Bridge it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ralph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 10:58 AM

1,232 posts, read 3,131,534 times
Have you looked into Las Sendas? I think Mountain Bridge attempted to be the next Las Sendas but then the housing market crashed and its development kind of stalled. I think the community center is finally open but that took years. I'm not sure how the demographics are of the homes in there that are built and sold but I'd expect it to be like Las Sendas, which I believe is a good mix of families and older folks, weighing more toward the families, I think. But Mountain Bridge might be a little pricier so that might mean fewer 30-somethings than Las Sendas.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:05 AM

Default Mountain Bridge - For older Couples?!?!?!

This decision is becoming increasingly difficult as there is an abundance of
master planned communities that all SAY they offer similar lifestyles. My concern is when I was in Mountain Bridge all I saw in the sales office was people from Canada and Older Couples. There is no problem with that but if I'm raising a family there I want kids on the street. I grew up with friendly neighbors with kids and my kids currently have that in California. If I move and we have all older couples on the street it will be very disappointing.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:16 AM

I totally understand. Do you need to buy new? If not maybe look at Las Sendas. It's right across McDowell. I'm not sure what elementary school MB uses but LS is a good one and that dev't. does attract families. I think MB and LS are from the same developers.

I would ask Mountain Bridge to share with you the number or % of families with children in the neighborhood you're considering. I'm not sure if that's legal for them to do, though, or if they even know that info.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:40 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,773,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyFreddy View Post
I totally understand. Do you need to buy new? If not maybe look at Las Sendas. It's right across McDowell. I'm not sure what elementary school MB uses but LS is a good one and that dev't. does attract families. I think MB and LS are from the same developers.

I would ask Mountain Bridge to share with you the number or % of families with children in the neighborhood you're considering. I'm not sure if that's legal for them to do, though, or if they even know that info.
Because of anti-discrimination laws "familial status", the sales office probably cannot provide that kind of information.

I suggest driving through the communities on a weekend and talk to the residents you see on the street; and go to the community clubhouse and talk to people.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:36 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
I'm going to agree that you should seriously consider Las Sendas along with Mountain Bridge. Boulder Mountain might be a good fit also, unless the clubhouse is a big deal to you.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:31 AM

165 posts, read 896,657 times
I live in Mountain Bridge and there are plenty of young 30 something families with kids running around, many HOA planned events such as jazz festival coming up next weekend, easter egg hunt last weekend for the kids, great activity at the unbelievable owner's club pool/tennis courts area.

An earlier poster said that "activity stalled" during the crash which has not been my experience. They have been selling homes very fast and 2 wks ago had almost sold out the new plats planned for across McKellips with homes which are set to be complete early Dec. Once this happens they plan on building a beatiful bridge over McKellips.

I would say Mountain Bridge is newer, nicer than what I have seen at Las Sendas which I am also familiar with and looked at a few re-sales there a few wks ago.

Also, their asking prices have gone up 5-10% in the past yr and likely will increase more when next phase is complete which will be shortly. I have old pricing lists for comparison if you are interested.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions about the community. I have been here 1 year and am very happy to be here. I would not trade living here for anywhere else in AZ.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:07 AM

I first looked at Mountain Bridge in 2008. I think the community center/owner's club didn't open until 2010 or so? I did look at them again last summer and the sales office told me that sales were way down during the recession years but were picking back up.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:11 AM

165 posts, read 896,657 times
ReadyFreddy,

Just look at the recently sold homes on MLS if you have access or on zillow. They completed 2 subcommunities all in the past 8 mos and are looking strong moving forward. I think Blandford's "slow" is a different slow compared to other builders/re-sales/etc

It is remarkable how quickly they can close good quality home. I would expect this to slow as their demand goes up and subcontractors get busy though I guess there are a lot of available construction workers to add on.

They built their model home village (9 homes ranging from mid 2000 sf to around 5300 sf) from start to finish, with landscape and staging, in approx 2 mos. Amazing!

Old 04-18-2012, 11:54 AM

Default How does Mountain Bridge Stack up

Have any of you heard of a community called Fireside @ Desert Ridge? It's more expensive than Mountain Bridge and the lots are a lot smaller... however... it's close to great shopping and restaurants. My fear with mountain bridge continues to be it's lack of entertainment and shopping near the vicinity of the community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area