Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 04:16 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,742,090 times

Advertisements

No, Great Joy, I do not work for Shea. I have a Shea home and my oldest daughter has one down in Maricopa. We are very happy with our selection. When we first started to look in Vistancia, there were only the model homes here and lots of dirt. Cache and TW Lewis did not even have their models built yet. It seemed like a ghost town when we unpacked and now look at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 08:59 AM

611 posts, read 2,307,247 times
I know what you mean. When we first came here it was mostly dirt too. It's amazing to see how much of it has changed since then. Vistancia has grown into it's own small town with shopping, restaurants, fire station, etc.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:16 PM

Yesterday afternoon I walked up to the information center here at Vistancia Village, n. Peoria. I thought I would post the names and numbers of the builders here for people that would like information on prices and what homes might still be available. Might be fun to have Verrado and E.M.R do the same as far as availability of new builds. East side as well.

Ashton Woods: Low $200's: 623-328-5024
Engle Homes: High $100's 623-374-3376 (sales gal said they were still building) For what that is worth.
Rosewood Homes: Mid $200's: 623-487-7900
Trend: From high $100's. Not sure when they will start again. 480-782-7364
Blackstone Country Club: Cachet Homes, Camelot, T.W Lewis and custom sites. 623-476-2923
Cachet Homes: Low $400's: 623-322-2199
Maracay: Low $200's 623-594-2800
Shea Homes: Low $200's: 928-252-3220 (check to see if homes come back on market)
T.W. Lewis: High $400's: 623-328-9553
Trilogy by Shea Homes: 623-215-6315
Call to see if community still has homes for sale and what the incentives might be.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:24 PM

65 posts, read 478,850 times
Well for all it's worth, we live in Vistancia as well, and have an Ashton Woods home. We love the community as well. We do a split on our time between Long Island, New York and Peoria, Arizona. I've been back in NY since the end of March and miss it terribly. I love all the development and stores that are coming. We always felt very safe. We live in Eagle Ridge and it is one of the non-gated communities but there are several gated communities surrounding us. We have a community pool with slides and we have built our own pool in our own yard. I have never felt the traffic a problem and there are plenty of drs., dentists, stores, shopping, restaurants, etc. Although I don't have any children in the school system, I have read many articles on the fact that the school system is one of the best in the state. Our community is still under construction and although we didn't have a lot of neighbors yet, the ones we did have already started card groups, etc. They are very friendly and stop and chat whenever they run into you.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Yesterday afternoon I walked up to the information center here at Vistancia Village, n. Peoria. I thought I would post the names and numbers of the builders here for people that would like information on prices and what homes might still be available. Might be fun to have Verrado and E.M.R do the same as far as availability of new builds. East side as well.

Ashton Woods: Low $200's: 623-328-5024
Engle Homes: High $100's 623-374-3376 (sales gal said they were still building) For what that is worth.
Rosewood Homes: Mid $200's: 623-487-7900
Trend: From high $100's. Not sure when they will start again. 480-782-7364
Blackstone Country Club: Cachet Homes, Camelot, T.W Lewis and custom sites. 623-476-2923
Cachet Homes: Low $400's: 623-322-2199
Maracay: Low $200's 623-594-2800
Shea Homes: Low $200's: 928-252-3220 (check to see if homes come back on market)
T.W. Lewis: High $400's: 623-328-9553
Trilogy by Shea Homes: 623-215-6315
Call to see if community still has homes for sale and what the incentives might be.
MC, great info. Thanks for sharing. Good idea for other communities to share their info too.

To others interested in Vistancia, it's also important to know that some builders only have one price group of homes while other builders have two, three, or four different price groups. For example, Rosewood has one price group (base price mid $200s) with multiple floor plans while Engle has three different price groups (base price high $100s - high $300s) with multiple floor plans within each price group. So there are many different price levels, floor plans, and elevations to choose from.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:15 AM

Here is some additional info about Peoria. Recently I shared this info in a different city name thread that was comparing Peoria with that other city. I'm including this good information in this specific Peoria thread to help those considering Peoria to know more about it.

Peoria's terrain is mountainous in the northern area and flat in the southern part. The city of Peoria is actually more than 50% mountainous and also includes Lake Pleasant. Here's a link that shows city districts. The biggest district is Mesquite, and it is mountainous. City of Peoria, Council District Map page The terrain begins to change north of Pinnacle Peak Road with mountains especially north of Happy Valley Parkway Road. Peoria developments that are in the "mountainous" area are: Vistancia, Rock Springs, Westwing Mountain, Pleasant Valley, Cibola Vista, Sonoran Mountain Ranch, Terramar, as well as quite a bit of land that has very nice upscale homes that are not "inside" a specific named subdivision. Here's a link to help with location of these developments: Arizona Neighborhoods Map

The entire Phoenix area is desert including the mountainous areas. To get to the "green" area of AZ, you have to get to Payson, Show Low, Prescott, etc. Even though "Phoenix" is in the desert climate, some developments have "green" areas or "greenbelts". Vistancia is one of them that does. We live in Vistancia and love it. Another thing I love about Vistancia is that driving into Vistancia you can also see a larger mountain range called the Bradshaws, which are a little further north than the ones in Vistancia. We sometimes see snow on the top of the Bradshaw mountains during the winter here.

To help you see pictures of the mountainous areas of Peoria, here are some websites. (Vistancia consists of 3 sub-communities. Blackstone (private country club community), Trilogy (55+), and Vistancia Village (all ages).
Pics: Arizona Real Estate - Vistancia - Peoria AZ - Master plan Community

Pics: Arizona Real Estate - Blackstone at Vistancia - Private Golf Course - Custom Homes (http://www.blackstonecountryclub.com/index_flash.html - broken link)

Pics and video: Golf Real Estate | Blackstone Country Club | Peoria, Arizona | Golfweek Homes

Old 05-30-2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotoverdi View Post
Well for all it's worth, we live in Vistancia as well, and have an Ashton Woods home. We love the community as well. We do a split on our time between Long Island, New York and Peoria, Arizona. I've been back in NY since the end of March and miss it terribly. I love all the development and stores that are coming. We always felt very safe. We live in Eagle Ridge and it is one of the non-gated communities but there are several gated communities surrounding us. We have a community pool with slides and we have built our own pool in our own yard. I have never felt the traffic a problem and there are plenty of drs., dentists, stores, shopping, restaurants, etc. Although I don't have any children in the school system, I have read many articles on the fact that the school system is one of the best in the state. Our community is still under construction and although we didn't have a lot of neighbors yet, the ones we did have already started card groups, etc. They are very friendly and stop and chat whenever they run into you.
I'm guessing that your section is one of the newer sections in Vistancia and that would be the reason why your section isn't "full" yet. We've been here for almost 3 years and have met and become friends with residents all over the community. From what I know in our own section as well as our friends' sections the majority of the finished sections are filled with residents. For example, we have 80+ homes in our section and only a few homes are currently empty. I hope to meet you when you return from NY.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:39 PM

23 posts, read 93,449 times
We just bought at Vistancia with Ashton Woods Homes as well. It looks like there are only 4 to 5 lots that are still available, and the rest are already sold and waiting for construction to begin. It kinda amazes me that giving the condition of today's housing market, we can still have an almost complete subdivision.
We're extremely excited to become a part of this great MPC and looking forward to meet our future neighbors.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:29 PM

Welcome to Vistancia! Maybe I will see you on the walking trail.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:24 AM

21 posts, read 48,861 times
Since there is so much talk here about Vistancia, I may as well ask some questions. First some background, currently I have a family of 6 with one on the way (wife, 16, 15, 4.5, 1.5) so community feel and schools are WAY up there on the list. Looking for that overall good family area.

Anyway, let me start with the hard one...just how painful would a commute to downtown phoenix be? And is there any mass transit nearby that could be utalized? I've told my wife that in order to give the family what they want and hopefully have a house we can will be in for a long time, I'm willing to sacrafice a drive...within reason

Are there many activities for different age groups?

What are the HOA fee and what do they include?

What else can you tell me? So far I've looked at Estrella as far as MPC and I'm really liking it, but there's just something missing that I can put my finger on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area