Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 09:18 AM

846 posts, read 1,400,926 times

Advertisements

In my Aunt's cul-de-sac which is overseen by a HOA... the HOA forces them to park like that if parking in the street. If they park parallel, my Aunt can get cited by the HOA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 11:22 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,063,850 times
The garbage trucks can't pick up the trash if the whole cul de sac is parallel parked. Maybe that's the reason???

Old 08-01-2012, 11:31 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
What I want to know is how you took this picture?

Oh, and have some sympathy for your neighbors in the cul de sac as they have little or no parallel curb to park against. Would you prefer they park in front of your home? They may end up doing just that if you complain.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:01 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,944,101 times
I would prefer that they use their driveway.

And the picture is off Google Earth.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:04 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,422,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
What I want to know is how you took this picture?

Oh, and have some sympathy for your neighbors in the cul de sac as they have little or no parallel curb to park against. Would you prefer they park in front of your home? They may end up doing just that if you complain.

Precisely. The problem with many cul de sacs is that there is limited parking space in front of the home. If they don't have room in front of their own house, then the next choice is to park in front of yours. The city could have a problem with the head in parking on trash collection days, but sometimes they have issues with too many parallel cars, too.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
IMO, this situation calls for nothing more than a large dose of MYOB.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:29 PM

357 posts, read 711,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post

I think the main problem is that they have 3-4 cars total, and a bunch of stuff in the garage so all their cars can't fit in the driveway, but why not park parallel to the curb like normal?

I'm surprised the HOA hasn't done anything about it, we're not even supposed to park on the street, driveway only.
I'm with the poster on this...I don't want 3-4 of my neighbors cars taking up half of the street in my tiny cul-de-sac, plus the HOA doesn't permit it. It is an eyesore. Park in the garage or in your driveway.

If it bugs you enough report it to the HOA and let them deal with it.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:51 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post

I'm surprised the HOA hasn't done anything about it, we're not even supposed to park on the street, driveway only.
Doesn't this answer your own question? If you can't park on the street then chances are they will not be parking in the space in front of your house as they can't park on the street either. If your HOA doesn't like it then push the issue.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:51 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
It's my understanding that HOA's have no legal authority regulating parking on public streets, they can only on private streets or in gated communities.
AZ legislators are working on bills to prevent HOA's from trying to exercise that authority.

Legislators want fewer HOA rules on streets

Old 08-01-2012, 12:58 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
It's my understanding that HOA's have no legal authority regulating parking on public streets, they can only on private streets or in gated communities.
AZ legislators are working on bills to prevent HOA's from trying to exercise that authority.

Legislators want fewer HOA rules on streets
Wow I read that and wondered why the issue is a problem. When you buy a home that is part of an HOA and the rules read one thing, why would anyone want to change that? don't people know what they are getting into when they buy a home that is part of an HOA? I can see the point of having a problem with jourisdiction and all. I mean if your home is on a city street. Still many people buy a home and are pleased with the idea that all residents will live by the rules and keep the place looking nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area