Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 06:03 AM

26 posts, read 31,946 times

Advertisements

Hello,

The job wants me to relocate to PHX but i have to carry my current lease over from Tucson.....so the choices of places are located in Mesa near Southern and Mesa Dr.....N. 48th St and McDowell in PHX.....im trying to figure out which places are closer to restaurants, bars, nightlife etc....and whichever one would be closer to Tempe Baseline area since I have some friends out there....

Also considering which area may be safer to locate at.....and im looking at a long commute from either place since ill be working in the Ahwautukee area...

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 06:18 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,431,214 times
I suppose it's a close case, but I'd pick Southern and Mesa Dr between those two, even though the commute would be reverse from the other location. The area is better, to me, and it's not that far to where your friends are (which is also on your way back from work).

Old 09-19-2012, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
I suppose it's a close case, but I'd pick Southern and Mesa Dr between those two, even though the commute would be reverse from the other location. The area is better, to me, and it's not that far to where your friends are (which is also on your way back from work).
I am guessing each area isnt that great...but from the two, the Mesa location seems better and more convenient with supermarkets, big box stores, etc....

Old 09-19-2012, 09:18 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,227,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffeyjoe View Post
I am guessing each area isnt that great...but from the two, the Mesa location seems better and more convenient with supermarkets, big box stores, etc....
That's exactly how I would describe Southern/Mesa Dr.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:08 AM

Neither area is "that great", but on balance, considering everything and the OP's situation, I'd still pick the Mesa location of the two.

Old 09-19-2012, 02:07 PM

How are the crime in each area? How is the country club Dr and university dr areas

Old 09-19-2012, 03:02 PM

188 posts, read 515,898 times
Yeah neither of those areas are exactly brilliant. Go further north to 48th and Thomas or Indian School... edge of Arcadia with a better neighborhood.

Neighborhood hunting here is seriously block by block. Go one mile north and you are in an entirely different world!

Old 09-19-2012, 03:34 PM

2,032 posts, read 4,894,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarichter View Post
Yeah neither of those areas are exactly brilliant. Go further north to 48th and Thomas or Indian School... edge of Arcadia with a better neighborhood.

Neighborhood hunting here is seriously block by block. Go one mile north and you are in an entirely different world!
Ditto that, stay near the PHX Scottsdale border to be near culture and neighborhoods with a lot of greenery.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarichter View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacto View Post
Ditto that, stay near the PHX Scottsdale border to be near culture and neighborhoods with a lot of greenery.
The OP does not have the choice of other areas right now, as he has to transfer his lease from Tucson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffeyjoe View Post
How are the crime in each area? How is the country club Dr and university dr areas

You can find crime statistics by ZIP code online. I would think that Mesa Dr and Southern might be a bit better in that regard than Country Club and University, but I haven't researched it. If that area is now a third option, I'd still vote for Mesa Dr and Southern. CC and University takes you further from work and where your friends live, and it is no better in terms of other amenities.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:04 PM

Thanks everybody for your input, this forum helps alot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area