Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2013, 03:16 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,559,658 times

Advertisements

Curious...my grandparents live there now. They flipped a house in 2005 and made a huge profit. Their next effort did not end up so well...see housing bubble.

They are moving again after finally selling the house they updated (took them 2 years) and I think the pickup in home sales has them thinking they can flip again.

IMHO, I don't see the large profits from the mid-2000s happening again. In fact, it is probably a bad sign... I'm predicting they will get back what they put in, if that.

However, I'm not from the area and am curious as to what those in the area think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 04:23 PM

428 posts, read 5,884,940 times
Not specific to Sun City West- I however avoid flips even it is in-line with the market. I've seen plenty of homes that sold and a month later on the market with an $80k+ price increase. That's just me though, i'm not afraid of spending $50k in remodeling a house that has good bones to my specifications and avoid the investor markups.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:35 AM

214 posts, read 401,967 times
From watching the SC/SCW market the past couple of years now, prices are definitely rising, especially over the last year. SC/SCW prices are not rising as fast as the general PHX metro area, but they are definitely going up.

You can put the zip code in here and see all the recent sales for that area by date.

Phoenix Homes For Sale | Phoenix Real Estate Listings | Recent Home Sales | azcentral.com

Also, you can sign up at ZipRealty and get daily real estate listings e-mailed to you. Then check back and see what they sold for.

Real Estate, Homes for Sale, MLS Listings, Houses for Sale, Realty — ZipRealty

Here's a link to YourWestValley with recent real estate sales

Sun City West: Recent home sales in your area - Your West Valley News: West Valley Home Sales

My personal preference is the original Sun City. IMO, there is more to do and you get more for your recreation fee with 7 recreations centers.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:24 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeEveryone View Post
From watching the SC/SCW market the past couple of years now, prices are definitely rising, especially over the last year. SC/SCW prices are not rising as fast as the general PHX metro area, but they are definitely going up.

You can put the zip code in here and see all the recent sales for that area by date.

Phoenix Homes For Sale | Phoenix Real Estate Listings | Recent Home Sales | azcentral.com

Also, you can sign up at ZipRealty and get daily real estate listings e-mailed to you. Then check back and see what they sold for.

Real Estate, Homes for Sale, MLS Listings, Houses for Sale, Realty — ZipRealty

Here's a link to YourWestValley with recent real estate sales

Sun City West: Recent home sales in your area - Your West Valley News: West Valley Home Sales

My personal preference is the original Sun City. IMO, there is more to do and you get more for your recreation fee with 7 recreations centers.
We live in the original S.C now and love the ammenities here, but last week we paid a visit to the Sun City West Clay Club and came away very, very impressed with their facilities and the professionalisim in the way they run their club. They have many more new kilns and the rooms are huge. They are in the process of getting even more space soon. The president was beyond friendly and we came away wondering if we should take a look into moving to Sun City West now. We don't golf so the 7 golf courses here do nothing for us but we do enjoy clay very much. Just depends on your needs but both have their good points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area