Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 05:05 AM

15 posts, read 21,128 times

Advertisements

I am an 22-years-old international student.
This August I will go to study in the ASU downtown campus.
I am going to find an apartment (any floor plans, $400-700/month. ALL BILLS PAID, including electric, internet, cable, water, trash, sewer) which is safe and convenient.
I am not sure is it better to near the downtown campus.
but I hope the apartment would a little bit far from crazy party life.
And also hope it would be convenient to go between the campus in Tempe and Downtown Phoenix.
I have no car. So I hope it would also be convenient to go to the market.
Would you please recommend some apartments for me.
If you have the website of the apartment, please let me know.
Thank you so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 07:38 AM

7,184 posts, read 9,235,688 times
Not sure you can find an apartment with all the amenities for less than $700. But I haven't priced apts in a while. Dorm life is out? Not sure what they cost but I would think about staying there at first until you got familiar with the area.

Have you tried sites like apartments.com? A quick search with apartments.com brought up Legacy Bungalows. They are about a mile from the downtown campus. Some people might not like the walk but there is the bus.

Also look at the metro light rail as a way between campuses.

Providing Public Transportation Alternatives for the Greater Phoenix Metro Area | Valley Metro |

It goes by some grocery stores as well.

Just some suggestions. Good luck.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolobo13 View Post
Not sure you can find an apartment with all the amenities for less than $700. But I haven't priced apts in a while. Dorm life is out? Not sure what they cost but I would think about staying there at first until you got familiar with the area.

Have you tried sites like apartments.com? A quick search with apartments.com brought up Legacy Bungalows. They are about a mile from the downtown campus. Some people might not like the walk but there is the bus.

Also look at the metro light rail as a way between campuses.

Providing Public Transportation Alternatives for the Greater Phoenix Metro Area | Valley Metro |

It goes by some grocery stores as well.

Just some suggestions. Good luck.

Thank you so much. I found an apartment named Domain in Tempe. It costs less than $700 (4b4b). However, I think this place is too far from downtown. So I need to find out another place. I got other place, however, forget its name. But I found a pic of it ( I am not sure, but it just looks like the apartment I saw before.). Can some body tell me the name of this apartment?
Attached Thumbnails
International student moving to Phoenix - help me please-2012spring037.jpg  

Old 05-15-2013, 09:19 AM

2,747 posts, read 3,319,477 times
domain in tempe is right by a light rail station which you can you use to goto downtown phoenix and move back and forth between tempe and downtown phoenix. You probably already know to look at craigslist and HotPads - Map Search for Apartments and Homes for Rent, Real Estate, Foreclosures and Homes for Sale
for apts. While downtown phoenix is getting better- -at this point downtown tempe for a student would probably have more things to do for college students.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:34 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,592,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by even-miracle View Post
Thank you so much. I found an apartment named Domain in Tempe. It costs less than $700 (4b4b). However, I think this place is too far from downtown. So I need to find out another place. I got other place, however, forget its name. But I found a pic of it ( I am not sure, but it just looks like the apartment I saw before.). Can some body tell me the name of this apartment?
Are you sure that is for the apartment and not just the room?

Old 05-15-2013, 03:43 PM

892 posts, read 1,500,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPam View Post

Domain is student housing, thus I guarantee that's a per room price, especially considering it's a flat rate with all utilities included.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbex View Post
Domain is student housing, thus I guarantee that's a per room price, especially considering it's a flat rate with all utilities included.
Then they better be prepared to live in a party house situation in that case

Old 05-15-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPam View Post
It's the price for per room. I am going to find out other place.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by even-miracle View Post
It's the price for per room. I am going to find out other place.
Going on what both my kids experienced when they were at ASU, be prepared to be living in a party house whenever you rent just a room. It might be different if you have just one roommate but with 4 it will be crazy.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:00 PM

1,551 posts, read 3,646,936 times
How about roommates.com. Just rent a room in someones home. I've known a few people that have done that and for the most part, it worked out very well. Many times, they have a separate room built onto the house such as a mother-in-law quarters that they aren't using so they rent it out. Typically, the rent is pretty low. Lots of times they have private pools and private parking.
Just a thought.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area