Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2014, 08:45 PM

50 posts, read 114,714 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to share how EXCITED I am to move to AZ. We live in Delaware (hate it)! I am over winter.. over snow.. over cold. Lived in Tampa, FL briefly. I will miss the beach.. but can drive to Cali once in a while. Excited to experience the west coast. I'm a teacher, husband is a trucker and we have a 7 and 8 year old. Thanks for being so kind on my scorpion post, even though I didn't realize there was a search function. I enjoy running.. so hope to find some nice areas to run. We haven't made up our mind on where we will move yet, but it's between North Scottsdale, Gilbert and Chandler.
Lauren

Last edited by hayesfamof4; 01-27-2014 at 09:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 09:09 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,641,113 times
Congrats! Moving here from the frozen tundra of Michigan was the best decision we've ever made.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:13 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,725,641 times
Congrats and when will you be moving?

Old 01-28-2014, 09:43 PM

1,551 posts, read 3,645,645 times
You're going to love it here.
I moved here from the Oregon coast. The wet, cold and windy Oregon coast.
You are going from one extreme to the other. From excessive cold to, at times, excessive heat. For me, it's far easier to deal with the heat than the cold.
I've been here 2 1/2 years now and I bought a motorcycle to explore this state and all I can say is "WOW." Some will disagree but this state is so diverse and beautiful, it's hard to describe. So far, I've been to the Grand Canyon a few times, Sedona, Tucson, Benson, Globe, Roosevelt, Tombstone and a few other areas as well. There are lots of place yet to see and I can't wait. It will take a lifetime to see everything in this state and I'm looking forward to it.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:14 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,656,133 times
FWIW, Phoenix is a much more pleasant place to live than Tampa, which is home to degenerates/lowlifes galore (i.e., lots of creepy/bizarre criminals, shady transients, rednecks, ghetto thugs, druggies/tweakers, etc.). While those elements exist in the Phoenix area, they are much less pervasive--almost to the point of non-existent, especially if Tampa is your context. That said, there are more people in the Phoenix area with core family values, and the people here tend to be much harder workers than those in FL. I describe people in the Phoenix area as very casual; polite; tolerant, even if not approving; and generally aloof, but pleasant if engaged. Oh, yeah--way less racial strife here, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area