Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 12:25 AM

597 posts, read 667,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
I just picked up their Kolsch Saturday night (called "SunBru" and oddly sold in cans), which I think is their best brew, IMO.

You must be a winter visitor. hahaha Noone would call our summer nights "mild", unless 90-100 degrees is "mild" at midnight. hahaha
Oh yeah. I don't think I've been to Phoenix in the summer. The latest I've been there is Mother's Day, around May 15. For 20+ years have visited sometime (and usually multiple (2 or 3) times) between Thanksgiving and Mothers Day. But, in all honesty, most of my 50+ visits were probably between Christmas and Easter. Again, my parents stay considerably longer now, so in the past five years I've been coming later and later - my last trip of the year used to always be late March, early April at the latest, now it's late April to mid May. I get a lot of Phoenix's best weather IMO. Thanksgiving through the end of January - plenty of great days, but also plenty of cool temps (not bad cool at all, but not ideal Phoenix weather). But Feb-May, on average, is simply sublime. And, the few times I went out in early November - also sublime. My parents go back to MN in the late spring, summer and fall. But, their house in PHX area is available all year round. I should go out in June or July some year just to experience PHX summer.

Old 03-15-2016, 08:50 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,296,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini8 View Post
Oh yeah. I don't think I've been to Phoenix in the summer. The latest I've been there is Mother's Day, around May 15. For 20+ years have visited sometime (and usually multiple (2 or 3) times) between Thanksgiving and Mothers Day. But, in all honesty, most of my 50+ visits were probably between Christmas and Easter. Again, my parents stay considerably longer now, so in the past five years I've been coming later and later - my last trip of the year used to always be late March, early April at the latest, now it's late April to mid May. I get a lot of Phoenix's best weather IMO. Thanksgiving through the end of January - plenty of great days, but also plenty of cool temps (not bad cool at all, but not ideal Phoenix weather). But Feb-May, on average, is simply sublime. And, the few times I went out in early November - also sublime. My parents go back to MN in the late spring, summer and fall. But, their house in PHX area is available all year round. I should go out in June or July some year just to experience PHX summer.

I love those 90 degree late nights! It's really not that bad.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:12 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,966,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I love those 90 degree late nights! It's really not that bad.
Yeah, we get it. You love the heat. You mention it once a day it seems. However, Id reckon that youre part of a very small minority who adores the summer heat. A very vocal minority, but the minority nonetheless. lol

Sounds like youre a home body. Lets see you wait till the late hours (to avoid midday heat) to get in a 40-mile bike ride, just to be confronted with hairdryer-hot air... for months and months on end. Its not fun whatsoever. Standing on a patio, stuffing your face at a restaurant is one thing. Trying to partake in physical outdoor activities is another. That kind of heat is no joke. It takes A LOT of convincing to get me to ride during monsoon season with the nasty humidity.

Old 03-15-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Yeah, we get it. You love the heat. You mention it once a day it seems. However, Id reckon that youre part of a very small minority who adores the summer heat. A very vocal minority, but the minority nonetheless. lol

Sounds like youre a home body. Lets see you wait till the late hours (to avoid midday heat) to get in a 40-mile bike ride, just to be confronted with hairdryer-hot air... for months and months on end. Its not fun whatsoever. Standing on a patio, stuffing your face at a restaurant is one thing. Trying to partake in physical outdoor activities is another. That kind of heat is no joke. It takes A LOT of convincing to get me to ride during monsoon season with the nasty humidity.

I am not a homebody, only stuffing my face in restaurants. Sheesh. I like to go for walks and hiking, etc, in the heat. I am out and about as possible. I am not the only heat lover here, obviously. I know several other VOCAL heat lovers here, personally, actually. We can't wait for summer, and the hair dryer winds.

You hate the heat, we get it. You imagine it is super humid in the summer, we get it.

I think it is important for people to hear from BOTH opinions. Most people I have met that have moved here say the same thing "It's not as bad as people kept telling me it would be."

Old 03-15-2016, 03:31 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,966,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I am not a homebody, only stuffing my face in restaurants. Sheesh. I like to go for walks and hiking, etc, in the heat. I am out and about as possible. I am not the only heat lover here, obviously. I know several other VOCAL heat lovers here, personally, actually. We can't wait for summer, and the hair dryer winds.

You hate the heat, we get it. You imagine it is super humid in the summer, we get it.

I think it is important for people to hear from BOTH opinions. Most people I have met that have moved here say the same thing "It's not as bad as people kept telling me it would be."
Facts are facts, lady. When its monsoon season with a 60/70-degree dewpoint and 70% humidity with 90 degree temps... thats downright nasty. Keep denying that it doesnt get humid and sticky, statistics say otherwise. Most early mornings here during monsoon season rival anything I got back in northern IL. Its not Gulf Coast-levels of humidity like you find in MS, but it rivals Upper Great Lakes levels. The only difference is that early morning heat and humidity here are daytime peak levels back home, but the humidity dies off a bit here as the temps surge in the during the afternoon hours here.

And Im very glad you and a few others like the heat, but rarely do you ever hear someone walk in and say "wow, I love this 112 degree weather outside, its so refreshing!" In fact, Ive never heard anyone here ever say that. But come winter, all you hear are sighs of relief and proclamations of "this weather is glorious!" I think the fact that this place empties out in summer and gets full in winter shows just how much people agree with my sentiments. IF everyone loved the hellish heat we get, flights and golf course rates wouldnt be so heavily discounted just to draw people in. Most people run as far away from here in summer as they can.

And what constitutes "hiking" in your eyes? Flat ground hiking isnt so bad in 110 degrees. Those of us who like to climb to secluded spots way up high struggle in the baking temps, no matter how seasoned the hiker. There never seems to be enough shade nor water. Winter hiking is eons more comfortable and easy. I still ride my bike and hike in the summer, but its brutal. Absolutely brutal.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:52 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,279,370 times
Quote:
Facts are facts, lady. When its monsoon season with a 60/70-degree dewpoint and 70% humidity with 90 degree temps... thats downright nasty.
Average daily humidity in Phoenix during monsoon season is only 36%, which is elevated (likely as much as 4X the daily norm for the area in dryer months), but is not near 70%.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:54 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,647,404 times
The humidity is nothing compared to the Midwest and the warm summer nights are awesome for late night swims!

Old 03-15-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
The humidity is nothing compared to the Midwest and the warm summer nights are awesome for late night swims!

Exactly!

And yes, when it is 112, I do walk outside and say "Holy Crap it feels good out here!"

Old 03-15-2016, 06:11 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,876,319 times
Oh man I just saw this thread and a couple pints of Kilt Lifter sounds delicious right now!! Wont be back in town for a couple of weeks though.

I am in the right thread aren't I? Why is it that every Phoenix area thread turns into 20 people complaining about how hsitty the weather is and one person saying wonderful the weather is?

Old 03-15-2016, 08:37 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,607,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
Oh man I just saw this thread and a couple pints of Kilt Lifter sounds delicious right now!! Wont be back in town forbeechwood ageda couple of weeks though.

I am in the right thread aren't I? Why is it that every Phoenix area thread turns into 20 people complaining about how hsitty the weather is and one person saying wonderful the weather is?
That Kilt Lifter Light is beechwood aged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area