Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 01:08 AM

77 posts, read 298,359 times

Advertisements

haha! it figures!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 08:36 AM

4 posts, read 14,037 times
Take a look at rentals in the Maple Ash and Mitchell Park area of Tempe. Easy bike ride to campus, area with some college kids, but more grad students and professors as well as some families (like mine) it's a great little part of town too, the houses have some character and the neighborhood has a great vibe without being overwhelming. IMO one of the hidden gems of the whole PHX area.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:00 PM

2 posts, read 9,351 times
Default Villatree Apartments!

If you are looking for an apartment in Tempe that is near Arizona State University, check out Villatree Apartments. It's just minutes away from ASU and has studios, one bedroom and two bedroom apartment homes at reasonable prices. Great move-in specials too. Their website is [URL="http://www.villatreeapartments.com"]www.villatreeapartments.com[/URL]. Check it out!

Old 04-24-2008, 06:11 PM

2 posts, read 9,351 times
Check out Foxfire Apartments. It's right up the street from ASU and there is a Flash (Orbit) bus stop right outside their front door. Their phone number is 480-966-4655.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:03 PM

38 posts, read 135,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drstone View Post
Take a look at rentals in the Maple Ash and Mitchell Park area of Tempe. Easy bike ride to campus, area with some college kids, but more grad students and professors as well as some families (like mine) it's a great little part of town too, the houses have some character and the neighborhood has a great vibe without being overwhelming. IMO one of the hidden gems of the whole PHX area.
Can you give any names of places? It's hard to just search in a neighborhood, I haven't yet found out how to do that. I am from out of state so I don't know the area either, I have to mapquest every single address to see where it is

Old 04-26-2008, 10:25 PM

3 posts, read 10,046 times
Another tip: the Tempe police department offers information on the number of times police were called, and the reason, for apartment complexes near campus. If you go to http://www.tempe.gov/cau/displayappts.asp, every apartment complex they have data for is listed.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:18 PM

4 posts, read 11,584 times
Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCPioneer View Post
Did my undergrad at Marietta College - small, private liberal arts college on the Ohio River.

Yeah, I have searched rent.com pretty exclusively, but that's not a great source for anecdotal information such as what neighborhood is nice, what to stay away from, what complex looks nice but sucks b/c of x, this complex is on the flash path, this one is not, etc, etc, etc.

I was hoping there would be people with personal experience of a complex that they would outright recommend or tell me to avoid at all costs.
I know its late, but still if I can be a bit of help. I have been living close to campus for almost 2 years now, n I think its a great idea to live close to school because you can get the Orbit buses and the Flash forward which are both for students and dont require bus card. there is University place apartments complex, campus pointe complex, riviera palms complex, university pointe, and lots of others. these are all on Lemon st and Rural rd which is hardly half a mile away from ASU and you can walk or take bike or even get the buses cause the flash bus stop is right next to each appartment complex I dont know how much your willing to pay for rent, mine is around $605 each month comes with water one bedroom. hope it helps. if you need any more info ask me.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:03 AM

28 posts, read 87,130 times
I have a friend who stayed at the Sandstone Apartments in Mesa (near Southern and Dobson) until just recently. They were nothing special, but a studio was only around $500, and the place was quiet.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:54 PM

4 posts, read 11,584 times
ya studios are not that expensive, but a one bedroom apartment for $605 isnt a bad deal either.

Old 07-15-2008, 05:21 PM

37 posts, read 129,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drstone View Post
I agree with this! I just moved to this area and love the location! I imagine I'll appreciate it even more once school starts up again and I can walk to class.

There aren't too many complexes in the are. It's mostly just rooms for rent and guest houses in people's back yard. You'd have to walk around the neighborhood looking for "for rent" signs to find much.

There are a few small complexes. I don't know how nice they are. Off the top of my head there's Villa Nicole, Saville Apartments, and the Farmer Street Apartments. Nothing luxurious, but the area is quiet and you won't be paying $800-$1000 in rent just to live in a 1 BR in a loud, party ridden complex.

If you do look in this area, avoid "Rentals Tempe." I've heard nothing but bad reviews of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area