Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 08:58 AM

4,073 posts, read 5,170,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Culver's is pretty decent. Those that say Culvers must be a "Midwest thing" and isn't good, clearly don't have operating taste buds. That's ok, though. Those statements are coming from natives who have eaten AZ dust and Mexican food for so long, that they don't know whats good for them. Iowa beef, Wisconsin cheese, and Midwest grains are world class. And that's a fact.
And that is your opinion. I travel a LOT for business and have eaten at places all over the country. No, I have not eaten dust and too much Mexican food...the food at Culver's, in my opinion, is disgusting. Great that you like it. They obviously have to have people willing to eat there since they expanded here and now there is one in Payson as well. Passive-aggressive insults on the Internet are not going to change anyone's minds on where they are going to eat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 09:03 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,296,142 times
I've been to the one in Chandler twice in the past 5 years or so, it's OK not great. Probably on the level of Carl's Jr not in the same league as in-n-out or habit burger

Old 12-18-2017, 09:49 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,931,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post

For this Silicon Valley burnout, anything other than the same-old same-old is welcome.
"Variety is the spice of life"

Old 12-18-2017, 10:09 AM

51,006 posts, read 24,507,624 times
We have Culvers here in Colorado Springs, and I do think they are better than the "average" fast food burger place. But I do find their burgers to often be very greasy.

Old 12-18-2017, 11:51 AM

656 posts, read 815,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Driving around in the dark in the vicinity of 19th and Union Hills, I saw a big blue building all lit up and decided to check it out.

Lo and behold, it was Culver's. Not exactly your usual fast food. Clearly I haven't spent enough time in the Midwest, from which Culver's hails. The map shows exactly none on the West Coast.

They've got pork tenderloin sandwiches, beef pot roast sandwiches, North Atlantic Cod and who knows what else -- I missed the Wisconsin cheese curds. Well, next time.

They have the best frozen custard I've ever had. Tonight it was some sort of brownie/vanilla combo. Oh bliss.

Apparently there are a bunch of them here in the Valley. I'm just surprised no one's mentioned them before.

There is little evidence of the Midwest on the West Coast, even though I think they settled California.

But move to Arizona, and you have moved to Illinois! So many folks here from Chicago area.

Old 12-18-2017, 12:39 PM

83 posts, read 75,899 times
Midwesterner here...no need to say mean things about us. If you like Culver's great, if you don't, ok.

Culver's is ok. Not a big fan of the food as I used to work at one years ago ha ha. Got a little burned out. Yes, the food is made fresh to your order, that is true. I don't understand the butter on the burgers thing, I made them, but did not get what the big deal was...hmmm more grease on the greasy grill?. lol. However, one really good thing is Culver's employs a lot of people in my area (Wisconsin) and one can get health ins. and other benefits there. The people I worked with were very happy with what they did. Swissconsin's are pretty good.

Old 12-18-2017, 01:09 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,296,142 times
Never seen so much passion and emotion over an average fast food burger

Old 12-18-2017, 01:36 PM

2 posts, read 1,583 times
I can't stand the place, everything is expensive and the quality is worse than jack in the box.

Old 12-18-2017, 01:46 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,307,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Hey, they are getting a lot of advertisement on here!

Old 12-18-2017, 01:59 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,980,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Average?!

Now you've done it . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area