Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2008, 03:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,834 times

Advertisements

Any tips or advice about relocationg our daughters(11&12) from Northern Cal to possibly Surprise AZ. Anyone in a similar situation? Already done the move? How is it going? Are there alot of transferees? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Communities you particularly like? Schools? Help!

Thanks,
Mom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 05:05 PM

611 posts, read 2,307,109 times
You will find lots of people here who relocated from CA. We have quite a few friends here from CA, and all are glad they did (at least that's what they tell us ). There are many transferees here, not just from CA, but from all over the US.

Lots of good communities in Surprise to choose from, so take your pick. I'm sure Surprise residents here will provide more details about schools and preferred neighborhoods in Surprise.

We personally chose Peoria because of the great school district, and chose Vistancia because it is a MPC with a lot of amenities and planned events. We love living here in AZ and think you will too.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:01 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,603,062 times
Most of the neighborhoods in Surprise are nice. The only sketchy areas are old town and the areas near El Mirage...but even then they are not that bad...

Old 04-01-2008, 09:24 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
We moved here from N. CA (Chico/Paradise) four years ago and have not looked back. We love the air here in the winter and not having to de-ice our windshields is also a huge plus. Surprise is turning into a very nice city with all the shopping ammenities you could ask for. Housing is a steal right now with the downturn in prices. Marley Park is my personal favorite master planned community down there, but you have plenty of choices if that does not fit your needs. I can't comment on the schools, but I have not heard anything negative about them. Best of luck

Old 04-01-2008, 07:13 PM

132 posts, read 592,838 times
Surprise is a very nice place to move to. That's were we are planning to move in a year. I also checked on the School District and they got higher points. I read that arizona has one of the not so good School Districts but there are parts of Arizona that is improving-one is Surpise. good luck with the move

Old 08-09-2008, 02:14 PM

2 posts, read 12,852 times
We moved to Surprise, AZ a little over a year ago from Phoenix, AZ. where we llived for 30 years with out the problem we have now. Nice and quiet but in the summer don't expect to be able to take a cool let alone cold shower, and as hot as it gets here that is no fun. The cold water coming out of the tap is so warm you hate to wash you fruits and Vegetables in it or wash your clothes that require cold water. I cannot get a straight answer out of the City of Surprise, Arizona American Water, or the Builder. I do know it is all over the city and no one with take responsibity let alone try and do anything. So I would not move here if I were you.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:35 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget0411 View Post
We moved to Surprise, AZ a little over a year ago from Phoenix, AZ. where we llived for 30 years with out the problem we have now. Nice and quiet but in the summer don't expect to be able to take a cool let alone cold shower, and as hot as it gets here that is no fun. The cold water coming out of the tap is so warm you hate to wash you fruits and Vegetables in it or wash your clothes that require cold water. I cannot get a straight answer out of the City of Surprise, Arizona American Water, or the Builder. I do know it is all over the city and no one with take responsibity let alone try and do anything. So I would not move here if I were you.
Most of the builders run the water lines up through the attic instead of running them underground which in some of the older homes, provides much cooler water. You are wasting your time calling the city.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:53 PM

14 posts, read 41,619 times
Default Surprise!!

The surprise is how congested it is there. I hardly ever go but when I have to I brace myself. There are not many ways in and out but for one main street or two. I was warned before I moved here and Im grateful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area