Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 01:07 AM

788 posts, read 2,111,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
15, IQ =60 ( more stupid than you and me)
20, IQ=80 ( still stupid than you and me )
25, IQ = 100 ( Just like you and me ).
30, IQ=100 ( He did not learn anything )
40, IQ = 120 ( He become freak )
50, IQ = 140 ( He become weird )
55, IQ=160 ( He was freak and weird)

IQ=0 ( when he was dead ).
That's a good point. I often use Einstein as an example whenever people critize the intelligence of others, based on typical measuring sticks such as IQ or other test scores.

The best judge of oneself is really oneself...and maybe what the person has done in life.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plin View Post
In my experience, people who bemoan the lack of intellectual equals around them are simply egocentrics with an overinflated sense of their own importance, and who make little effort to truly engage with their environment (because it would be beneath them, you see). I personally think that you get back of your environment what you put into it. I expect to love living in Phoenix.
Yes. Please come quickly

Old 04-21-2008, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
In Arizona? If that.................
Man, you are just determined to put Phoenix in an unjustified negative light. Sorry you've had such horrible experiences here. I haven't.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Furthermore, and not that it's any of your business, but I do have a medical condition that precludes me from just up and moving. The mortality rate is 20%. My Dr. is here. See, this is one of those factors I would not presume would be taken into account.

There is a saying: Be careful of what you say. Everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Good words to heed.
It is unfortunate that this is your case. However, it might be more productive to "love the one you're with", so to speak (or at least not be bitter about it to the point of making a bunch of Phoenix lovers angry with you). And, how "kind" is it to bash Phoenix in the Phoenix forum? I have my perspective on that.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:25 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,456,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artliquide View Post
It is unfortunate that this is your case. However, it might be more productive to "love the one you're with", so to speak (or at least not be bitter about it to the point of making a bunch of Phoenix lovers angry with you). And, how "kind" is it to bash Phoenix in the Phoenix forum? I have my perspective on that.
I have no idea what you are saying with this. My points are all still valid about Phoenix. I'm not dead yet. I still have my mental reasoning capacities. I don't really care if a bunch of "Phoenix Lovers" are angry with me. I'll never meet them anyway, nor would I want to.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:35 AM

Quote:
I have no idea what you are saying with this. My points are all still valid about Phoenix. I'm not dead yet. I still have my mental reasoning capacities. I don't really care if a bunch of "Phoenix Lovers" are angry with me. I'll never meet them anyway, nor would I want to.
My point exactly.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:45 AM

Quote:
My point exactly.
For some reason you seem really defensive. If Phoenix is that great, there is nothing to defend. Sounds like a personal problem to me.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:52 AM

Quote:
For some reason you seem really defensive. If Phoenix is that great, there is nothing to defend. Sounds like a personal problem to me.
Only defensive when attacked through untrue generalizations.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Only defensive when attacked through untrue generalizations.
Well, then please state untrue generalizations. If I don't have the data to back them up, I will apologize Likewise, also provide data. It's a two way street. I do have to go to sleep now. I've had responsibilities to take care of tonight, but they are done. Good night.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Well, then please state untrue generalizations. If I don't have the data to back them up, I will apologize Likewise, also provide data. It's a two way street. I do have to go to sleep now. I've had responsibilities to take care of tonight, but they are done. Good night.
I have nothing to back up because I don't go into other cities' forums and dog on their towns. Unless, you mean that you want me to post all of the things that people have said in here and otherwise.

I apologize. I don't mean to direct my annoyance with anti-Phoenix sentiment at you specifically. There are a certain number of "I hate Phoenix" regulars, some of whom don't live here, who continuously post anti-Phoenix posts in a multitude of topics. I guess I lost it when I saw yet another "Phoenicians have low IQs" thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area