Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 03:04 AM

11 posts, read 62,758 times

Advertisements

So it has been about a month since I moved to Scottsdale from Irvine, CA...and im adjusting to the heat pretty well. Anyways, I've eaten at almost all of the re gular chain places in North Scottsdale....Im now looking for some good local eats and restaurants that the locals would know about. Im looking for a good, relatively cheap lunch place in the North Scottsdale area. Any suggestions on what is everybody's favorite place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 03:44 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,424,129 times
The Philadelphia Sandwich Company has really good cheese stakes, a little pricey ($7-$9) but well worth it, especially if you are coming from a bar at 3am since they are 24/7.

I also recommend Joe's NY Pizza on Shoeman just south of Camelback on Saddleback.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:57 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,072,580 times
Butterfield's on N side of Shea just E of Scottsdale Rd is a regular breakfast-and-lunch joint with lots of regulars....good coffee, fresh OJ.....nice change from the typical hipster see-and-be-seen type place in Scottsdale

Old 07-17-2009, 02:10 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,449,524 times
La Fonda Mexican Food, Shea just east of Scottsdale Rd.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:22 PM

11 posts, read 62,758 times
sweet. ill have to try all of those. what about sushi? does anyone know of any awesome sushi (preferably all you can eat)?

Old 07-18-2009, 06:26 PM

549 posts, read 1,560,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bovice View Post
sweet. ill have to try all of those. what about sushi? does anyone know of any awesome sushi (preferably all you can eat)?
Don't know if they have all you can eat, but Sushi Brokers, Hiro, and Yasu - all in mid to north Scottsdale - are superb.

Old 07-18-2009, 07:38 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,211,571 times
I have a thread of numerous NE Phoenix/N Scottsdale restaurant reviews if you search Restaurant Reviews under my screenname.

Just got back from Sushi Brokers as a matter of fact. Last time I was there I did not do sushi-and well, it sucked. But tonite I got adventurous and tried a few of the more "innocent" rolls (ie things with tempura shrimp and not spicy stuff). They were pretty good.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:28 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,024,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post
I have a thread of numerous NE Phoenix/N Scottsdale restaurant reviews if you search Restaurant Reviews under my screenname.

Just got back from Sushi Brokers as a matter of fact. Last time I was there I did not do sushi-and well, it sucked. But tonite I got adventurous and tried a few of the more "innocent" rolls (ie things with tempura shrimp and not spicy stuff). They were pretty good.
Cool, heading up that way tomorrow. Gonna give that place a try.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:40 AM

919 posts, read 3,397,584 times
Keep in mind that Scottsdale is tall and thin, or long and skinny. Much of it is just a few miles wide, but 35 miles from end to end. I'm in the South and within 5 miles is Tempe, PHX and Mesa. For me, it's easier to go to Tempe (5 mins) or downtown PHX (15 mins) than North Scottsdale for an outing.

In some parts, you might be close to Fountain Hills, Cave Creek, Carefree, or across the street from Phoenix. So it might be better to define your cross streets and go from there. To some, North is Shea. To others, the it's Boulders area. It wasn't too long ago that Indian School was pretty far North!

Old 07-19-2009, 02:03 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,424,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post

Sushi Brokers is awesome, I go there a lot due to their cheap drinks and great shishi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area