Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:37 PM

79 posts, read 387,790 times

Advertisements

Had a vacation condo here for the last 14 years, then bought a house and moved here for good a little over a year ago. Seems like I will stay forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 04:50 PM

6 posts, read 12,967 times
I've lived in 3 foreign countries and 5 states. Arizona is by far the best place to be. We are in Fort Worth, Texas now--surrounded by big box store after big box store, lots of WIND and humidity--and flat land!!! I sure hope to be back in Arizona some day!!!

Old 06-05-2008, 03:07 PM

220 posts, read 648,944 times
Born and raised here- left for awhile to see what else was out there, in the end here I am. Have no intention of leaving. Unless of course I hit the lotto, then off to OZ i go....

Old 06-03-2013, 01:52 PM

567 posts, read 788,106 times
We've been here since '73. I left for a few months and came back. We plan on staying until the end of '16 or the beginning of '17 and then leaving for a SoCal beach area.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:16 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,700,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny536 View Post
Just curious,

Personally I hope to be looking elsewhere in about 5 more years. I moved here From North East Pa to get away from winter about 2 and a half years ago. coming into my 3rd summer I'm starting to get my nomad spirit kicking up. I'm not sure if I'll go back to Pa, but somewhere with 4 seasons would be nice to get back to. I would have never believed that 2 years ago!

so how about you, how long have you been here and will you leave?
Job market is pretty good here. I don't think I could ever leave.

If you want a place with seasons, you need to move to somewhere in northern California, like Sacramento. Only bummer is if you don't like rain, you won't like it there.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:31 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,626,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
Job market is pretty good here. I don't think I could ever leave.

If you want a place with seasons, you need to move to somewhere in northern California, like Sacramento. Only bummer is if you don't like rain, you won't like it there.
Notice the post date

I'll be relocated to eastern North Carolina by 3/2014

Old 06-03-2013, 02:41 PM

2,280 posts, read 3,079,872 times
Been here two years and will probably be here at least a few more. I do have the desire to go somewhere with a beach someday, but I think that's a long ways off...

Old 06-03-2013, 03:17 PM

504 posts, read 852,584 times
Moved here almost 10 years ago for a job offer. Job ended up falling apart not too long after I started. Currently underwater on my home, but it's getting better recently. And I didn't even buy at the top of the market. Sales prices in the neighborhood going up pretty well.

Few more years and I might even be able to get money at closing if/when we sell

I would love to move, but I am not going to 'walk away' from a perfectly affordable home via short sale or foreclosure. But depending on what happens with jobs and the housing market in a few years, might move up to near Eugene, OR. Have some family in that direction. I am one of the people that just hasn't gotten used to the summers I really tried the first few years, figured I'd acclimate. But I think my tolerance has gotten worse instead of better, lol

Old 06-03-2013, 04:03 PM

4,071 posts, read 5,148,805 times
Family moved here in 1988, moved out of state for the Marines, twice to CO for 6 months at a time and tried to make it in CA for about 9 months. We are pretty much reserved on the fact that we are stuck here although I almost got transferred to the North East earlier this year...that fell through though. Key is vacationing AWAY from the state in the summer.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:56 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,259,327 times
Been here a little over a year. Just bought a home, husband has a great job. Now if I can find a good one, we're fine to be here for the long-term. Family is here... we enjoy it here. We are used to moving though, so not sure if we'll stay here for good. We would like to not move so much anymore though. Like to remain at least 7 years, maybe 10. If we move it's for his job, there's a chance they would promote him to another state or possibly Canada in 8-10 years. It would be a great opportunity for his career, advancement, jump in pay so we would not turn it down, unless the housing market takes a dump again and we would lose a substantial amount on that, or by some miracle I have some high-paying dream job (which is about as likely to happen as us getting snow in PHX today, so there's that answer).

So yeah expect to be here for awhile....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area