Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 10:58 PM

559 posts, read 1,466,650 times

Advertisements

Not to be rude, but do you know this girl somehow?

And did anybody get the license plate or model of the Cadillac?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 11:04 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,486,348 times
Has anyone sent the details to the area high schools in Mojave, maybe even to the police departments?

If you ever get a case for my area, please let me know, I will distribute flyers.

Its going to take something like that to make someone remember. Apparently her parents aren't out there looking hard for her or they would have run across this information.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:12 AM

72 posts, read 320,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowthedirtbub View Post
Not to be rude, but do you know this girl somehow?

And did anybody get the license plate or model of the Cadillac?
Yes, the Cadillac was stopped 20 miles from where she exited the car. Both occupants of the car were taken into coustody. The female was later released, the male driver of the car was held and charged, several charges were filed against him. failure to render aid

later he was charged with (and convicted of) Hit and Run/Death Injury in the Pinal County Superior Court on May 17, 1999

The 2 people in the car indicated she was just hitchicking and that she never told them her name

Old 07-10-2008, 11:31 AM

COMPOSITE of how she MIGHT have looked in Life PLEASE LOOK AT

National Center for Missing Adults (NCMA) her an ACTUAL PHOTO

Old 07-11-2008, 01:18 PM

bump

Old 07-29-2008, 10:58 AM

a new newspaper article with more information about this girl

here is a portion of the article as well as a link to the full story

Maricopa County Medical Examiner's Office, Suzi Dodt, unsolved crimes
Fernandez's story was that he had met the nameless girl outside a liquor store on 24th and Van Buren streets. He said the girl had told him that she, too, was going to Miami and could use a lift.

He also said she had jumped out of the Caddy for no reason, which had confused and frightened him enough that he continued to drive without rendering aid.
Fernandez claimed that he had stopped near Eloy because he saw police behind him "and wanted to find out what was going on."
Not surprisingly, the cops didn't buy it.
(Neither Fernandez, DeJong, nor a Valley woman named Kim Senegal, whom Fernandez later listed in court documents as his girlfriend, could be located for this story.)
On February 4, 1999, a Pinal County grand jury indicted Alonzo Fernandez on charges of manslaughter, leaving the scene of an accident, and possession of marijuana.
Lindsey DeJong wasn't charged, and police re-interviewed her the following month at a Motel 6 back on Van Buren.
Her account changed somewhat: She said Fernandez hadn't wanted to let the girl out of the car. The girl started crying when he wouldn't stop, seemed to panic, and leapt to her death.
DeJong again swore that she never knew the girl's name.
Fernandez spent almost four months in the Pinal County Jail before he was sentenced to time served after pleading guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, a felony.
He told a probation officer that "all three of us were on the freeway smoking marijuana. She started freaking, saying her boyfriend would get mad if she left, and she jumped out of the car. I saw her in the rear-view mirror, and people were stopping to help her. I was scared and kept going. I never knew her name. I'm still haunted by this 'til this day."
In September 1999, a county judge issued a bench warrant after Fernandez failed to report to his probation officer repeatedly.
Authorities still haven't found him.
The dead girl's body ended up at the Medical Examiner's Office, where it became known as 99-305.
Among possible clues to her identity was a small tattoo of a blue heart near her chest.
Another clue was a gold-colored ring with the initials DMA engraved inside of it.
Sometime after an autopsy, authorities released the body for burial.
The advent of Dodt's Unidentified Persons Bureau two years ago brought attention to the unsolved case.
99-305 has become a cause célèbre on sites devoted to unidentified and missing persons. So far, no luck.

http://phoenixnewtimes.com/2008-07-1...r-loved-ones/1

Old 07-29-2008, 11:21 AM

1,729 posts, read 5,006,054 times
What we need is a seasoned detective that makes this case his/her priority. I am sure it could be solved, if she were upper/middle class? Maybe she was from California? Were the authorities contacted there, since Phoenix has so many transplants. But with a Hispanic last name, and the issue with immigration, I can understand why it has not been made a priority.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:37 AM

339 posts, read 1,264,181 times
bump

Old 08-11-2008, 07:35 AM

new pic of Maricopa Doe

warning not for everyone....
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff304/jen_renee_photo/mjdnotubescopy-2.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-20-2008, 07:18 PM

2 posts, read 7,097 times
Default Finally

This girl is my cousin. We had been looking for her for over nine years. We just found out today after 9 years. The mother had put out detectives and special forces to find her and it kills us that all along it could have been googled like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area