Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 09:09 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,082,878 times

Advertisements

Wanting to know how many people plan on living out their life in Phoenix?
And if not, where would you like to live it out at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 09:15 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
I'm 60 - born in Phoenix, and still here.

Although I have lived in other cities / States, and will be summering in Alaska starting next summer - Arizona - Phoenix, is home.

This state offers more of what we like - what we want - than any other state can.

We are here for the "duration"

Old 07-24-2008, 10:06 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,352,058 times
My wife and I were both birthed in Arizona, and have lived and worked and reared our children here all of our natural-born lives. We've traveled around the US and have yet to see a much better area for us - out there.

We'll be calling the good ol' Arid Zone our home forever, until the end of time, eternity, infinity, and beyond.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:08 AM

641 posts, read 2,366,983 times
Well, I think we will be stuck in our home forever with the market, so will probably be here forever, lol I am 36, but really would like to retire somewhere else when the time comes.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:24 AM

837 posts, read 2,335,339 times
I dunno, the jury is still out on staying in this place. I moved here a year and half ago. It's not that I don't like it here, it's just that I have an overwelming sense that I can go anywhere in the world after picking up an moving here all by myself. I don't have any ties here, so it doesn't matter

Old 07-24-2008, 10:25 AM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,790,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Good question Twiggy! Wasn't my plan, but it looks like I'll be here until I'm planted in Green Acres. Under REAL grass. It's a good thing I love the heat. I love it even more now that I'm not working outside all day wearing 27 lbs of garbage with my torso wrapped in kevlar. 115 in shorts and a t-shirt? Crank it up to 125! Piece of cake.

BUT...,
If I could live anywhere, it would be Big Sur or Carmel. Something about that area I can't explain, but to me it's almost heaven. It's the only other place I've truly felt 'at home'. Almost the exact opposite weather, but I have a leather jacket hanging in the closet. I can deal with it. All I need is about 4 mil (2.5 mil for a small shack and the rest for taxes and gasoline) and I'm gone! I've only got about $50 bucks in my checking account, but I'm not too proud to take donations.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:37 AM

44,634 posts, read 61,638,098 times
Been here over 40 years, gonna stay for awhile longer. Haven't found anything better in this world to permanantly reside in.

aj...if I hit the winning numbers on the gazillion dollar PowerBall, for all your good service, I'd give you the $$ to move to Carmel and live out your dream. Carmel is a beautiful area. Before being sent to Korea, I was stationed at Fort Ord and on weekend passes would go into Carmel and nearby Monterey. Loved those places.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:10 AM

1,240 posts, read 2,239,957 times
Quote:

Been in Phoenix since 1969 and need a change. Wife and I have done ok here, but would like to see what real seasons look like (wife knows, shes from the mid-west), not just "hot" and "not as hot". Too much of any one thing... well you know.
If scratch was not a factor, I would have a house on Maui and a house in Whistler, BC. But it is so off to the northwoods of Wisconsin we go. Been there so many times (in all seasons) that it just seems like a good fit. Affordable as well. Now all I need to do is sell my 2 houses (in the worst market ever) and I won't even look in the rear view mirror...

Old 07-24-2008, 11:16 AM

180 posts, read 656,197 times
I have been here since 1981 and grew up here. I have started a family here and have a job here. We have no plans to leave, but you never know what the future will bring. For only job reasons would be the only ones to make us move. Neither of us for see that and we are ok. I would be quite happy to see out daughter (2 right now) live in this house til she hit college. That is part of the reason we live in the house we do.

Still nothing is certain in life these days.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:18 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,689,196 times
Default Hinckley Sou'wester 51...

Quote:
I'd like to live it out on a Hinckley Sou'wester 51, and move about the globe at my own pace. If I'm not satisfied with one place, I can just go somewhere else. Once a sailor, always a sailor. Even if temporarily in the desert.

The reality of it is, it will probably be a used Taiwanese-built 40 footer, unless my pipedream of a prosperous US economy comes true shortly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area