Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 12:20 PM

682 posts, read 2,566,742 times

Advertisements

We just spent the past two months looking at dozens of foreclosures in the Surprise and Goodyear areas. 90% of the houses were damaged and would require tens of thousands of $$$ to repair.

Another 10% were in good condition and required almost nothing except for a good cleaning. By looking at every house that might be a possibility, a person can build a comp inventory and when the "great bargain" comes along, it will be spotted immediately.

It gets really frustrating trying to find a property to purchase, but they are out there and all it takes is a lot of time and patience. I good Realtor is also a necessity because they will spot the new listings and notify you quickly.

altus2006
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 01:53 PM

228 posts, read 594,281 times
From what I hear, the best "bang" for the buck in the Valley can be found on Van Buren just west of downtown . I wouldn't know from experience, though...

Old 12-19-2008, 06:32 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,779,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
Agreed ~ if you wish to drive at anything less than 100 mph downtown Phoenix cannot be reached from the East Valley in 30 minutes! More like an hour if you drive speed limit!
My gps shows that it takes 28 minutes at speed limits to drive from my house which is near Val Vista Drive and Baseline (north central Gilbert) I make that drive on average once a month and have never taken more than 40 minutes.

So it really depends on excactly where the starting point is and the exact location of the destination.

Someone mentioned areas of Mesa.

North east Mesa has some great housing areas, and include homes in the million dollar plus range. The loop 202 when it's complete will reduce the commute time from there.

About 10 minutes further east from my community is an area of East Mesa 85209 that is mostly in the Gilbert school district. That's a minimum of 40 minute drive.

The op needs to look around and become familiar with the different areas and when he finds an area he likes, should make the drive in traffic to see what the traffic time will be.

I think everyone will agree that the farther from a freeway entrance, the longer the commute time will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area