Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 10:15 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,412,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azkylady2 View Post
to let the dog owner off the hook, He should not be bringing a dog that bites to a dog park and an owner knows if they have a dog that bites or not, you know your dogs personality. no excuses, at the very least the owner should have offered to pay for the injury any responsible, decent person wouldn't have felt right not doing so. If you have to force him to do the right thing thats his fault
Show me a dog that dosent mouth another dog or a dog that has never gotten excited and bitten too hard when playing ? Suing over a dog biting a dog (specially with no major injuries) is like a soccer player suing another soccer player cause he got tackled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 10:18 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,679,518 times
dog parks are just a bad idea IMO.

Old 12-28-2008, 11:41 PM

430 posts, read 1,410,177 times
Default dosen't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Show me a dog that dosent mouth another dog or a dog that has never gotten excited and bitten too hard when playing ? Suing over a dog biting a dog (specially with no major injuries) is like a soccer player suing another soccer player cause he got tackled.
Owners are responsible for any damages, injury a dog inflicts on another animal, person, whatever the case, most people would take care of damages without being made to, I think thats my point.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:50 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,412,329 times
A 1cm hole in a dog is nothing for damages. I highly doubt a vet visit is even nececary. The OP talks about suing but no mention of actually going to the vet so I think I see where the OP's priorities lay.
It is a dog park. Dogs bite in play and they also bite hard when play gets too rough. It is what dogs do. If you cant deal with that dont go to the dog park.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:00 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,047,952 times
Default Whatever happened to Personal Responsibility?....

This is exactly why I would never bring any dog of mine to a public dog park. You just don't know what kind of owners you'll run into....

I am all for responsible pet ownership but this is hardly the case in this situation. Both owners are responsible. End of story.

One can only hope that all of these "Sue Happy" people will have the opportunity to be on the receiving end of some similar "action" in their lifetime.
Apparently, some things are only understood by experience.... the experience of being on the receiving end.

IMO, our world would be a better place without the People's Court / Judge Joe Brown crowd.

Keep your dogs at home people! This is the world we're living in.

I got hurt while rollerblading and now I want to sue the city because the sidewalks aren't safe....
no... maybe I can sue the rollerblade company...

It's never MY fault that something happened.... WHO can I sue???

Last edited by World Citizen; 12-29-2008 at 09:27 AM..

Old 12-29-2008, 09:29 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,608,054 times
Sue happy society...

An hour later and he/she is on the web asking about suing...instead of tending the "injured" dog...A smart person would search the internet (meaning you...easy to do) and submit this as evidence to your real intentions...

Wow...just wow!!

Old 12-29-2008, 11:02 AM

24,475 posts, read 26,012,991 times
Guess the OP doesn't like the feedback on the forum as she/he hasn't been back to comment.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:24 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,766,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Guess the OP doesn't like the feedback on the forum as she/he hasn't been back to comment.
and its not like they havent been on since then last visit was 915pm yesterday. So I guess they didnt like the responses.

As the owner of 2 pitbulls I have learned never to bring them to the dog park. Not because they are vicious, but because of ignornant people like the OP.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:20 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,427,256 times
Dog parks are not safe. Your dog may be well-behaved, and so may other dogs that come there, but you have no control, as you and your dog have learned, over the situation if some idiot with a dog aggressive dog shows up there.

Small claims court won't cost you much, if you want to bother with it.

And, while we are at it, let's be sure we don't paint all Rottweilers with the brush we could use on this dog, and, more accurately, this OWNER. There are too many well-trained, well-behaved Rotties, and their owners, that are dealing with the consequences when irresponsible owners behave like this one did.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:02 AM

2,709 posts, read 6,316,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradyumn View Post
She suddenly started barking which she rarely does and I understood that something serious happened. I inspected her body right away and found a 1 cm long skin-off deep puncture wound on her left mid belly. My primary goal is to teach that guy his lesson for being so irresponsible and inconsiderate? I can take care of my dog's medical expenses but I want to drag this guy to the court and make him realize of his actions.
As a dog-owner I can sympathize -- we love our animals and nobody wants to see them get hurt -- but I also have to roll my eyes. A whole lot of hoopla over a 1-cm wound.

Here are a couple questions I have: If your dog is "timid," as you described, then why are you taking her to a public dog park where a bunch of "unknown" animals could come in and play with her? I'm not blaming your dog for being timid, and you're right to try to socialize her and get her more comfortable around other dogs. But I'm also saying that a public dog-park may not be the place to take an un-confident animal and expect everything to go well and be fine for that animal. (Nor is it going to help bolster your dog's confidence to have you swoop in like an avenging angel every time she gets corrected by another dog. If these were human kids on a play ground and your kid got a 1-cm gash, would you cosset the child and threaten to sue the other kid's parents?)

Another question I have is: What happened, EXACTLY? You say she "suddenly started barking" and you "realized something serious happened." Well, what happened? I assume that as a responsible dog owner -- especially as the owner of a timid dog in a public dog park -- you were being extremely attentive and watching her at all times, right? You had her always in your sight and were close to her so that you could intervene if necessary? Although based on your post, it sounds like that WASN'T the case. I go to the park often and I know how it is -- people cluster together and talk to one another and aren't always aware of where their dog is or what's going on with their dog. Reading between the lines of your original post, this is what I assume happened with your dog. In which case, no...I don't feel it's fair threaten to sue the other guy.

I'm not one of those people who thinks dog parks are bad places. I don't. But I DO think that PEOPLE are a huge part of the problem at dog parks. You're mad because you think the owner of the other guy was inconsiderate and irresponsible. But I'd like to suggest that those same adjectives may apply to you for taking your less-than-confident dog to that park and then not being super-attentive. Not every dog is suitable for a dog park. Not every dog has the right temperament. A small size and timid nature doesn't make your dog any more suitable for the park than the other dog's big size and dominant nature made him UNSUITABLE. And there are plenty of times when a dog, who is normally great at the park, may just be out-of-sorts for whatever reason...or when there's a bad mix or vibe at the park. It's stupid to take a dog to a public dog park and get upset about what happens there. Isn't that sort of like willfully playing Russian Roulette and then getting mad when you get shot?

And again...all this brouhaha over a 1-cm gash?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area