Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 05:36 PM

2 posts, read 4,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaz413 View Post
Dogs are wild. They are not humans. They will bite each other. 1 cm gash and we are checking into the laws? Going to bring the guy to court to pay for it??? Come on people lets just grow a pair and move on......Its not worth the stress or trouble.

The problem with the world today is we are sue happy. We look at everything to sue. What does that get? A little pocket money? Does it make u feel better? Sucks to be the dude with the other dog, talk about bending over and grabbing the ankles.

So if my dog bit you and you needed stitches would you sue me?
If the answer is yes you need to grow some balls and move on it's just a cut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 05:41 PM

2 posts, read 4,146 times
what's the big deal if my dog bit your child? Your kid would heal.............

Old 08-08-2014, 06:51 PM

1 posts, read 959 times
Default Feeling your pain!

I'm on the fence with everyone on this one. It is a small cut in the grand scheme of things, but I know first hand that a small hole still could be a lot of money at the vet.

Last week my dog was attacked by a pit bull (who had never been to the park before) and also my boyfriend who tried to help him. My dog was not bleeding at all and all I saw was a small hold in his chest. My boyfriend was bleeding pretty bad on his hand and arm. It wasn't until I took him to the vet that I realized that it was a really bad wound! After they shaved his fur they realized that it was about an 8in gash from under his chin down to the middle of his chest. They did surgery and placed a drain. Four days later we go back to remove the drain and they find that the surgery did not work and they would have to be more aggressive with treatment. I am now going back to the vet everyday to get packing changed out. It's costing a LOT of money, lots of gas, and time away from work. It's also been a very stressful time trying to keep the dog calm and away from kids and my other dogs.

I'm saying that all because I went back and forth on going to the owner and asking for help. The way I look at it, all of this wouldn't have happened if he wouldn't have brought his aggressive dog to the park. I wouldn't be stressed right now, or paying all this money and gas if they would have stayed home that day.

I called the owner (I thought enough that night to get his cell number and first name) and let him know what has been going on. After we talked about the injuries and treatments and I asked politely if he would be able to help with the expenses. he said the dog is his daughters and he would have her call me back.

Maybe the 1 cm cut is not enough to go after...but if your vet bills have added up more than just a stitch, I think the owner should have to at least help with it.

Anyone have any ideas on my situation? I have a feeling the guy is not going to be helping at all. Are there laws to help in situations like this? We are talking about a couple thousand dollars at this point and we are far from being healed. And that's not including my boyfriends injuries.

Any help would be amazing!

Thanks!

Old 08-09-2014, 08:34 AM

92 posts, read 183,561 times
Not that is matters, but what dog park did this happen at?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area