Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 10:09 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The soul of the team and the heart of the fans have been changed
As Ive always stated, AZ fans dont give a crap about their teams unless they have a good season, and you've just agreed with me to a certain extent. It wasnt until the Cards FINALLY built a stadium that the "fans" showed up, and it was probably just to socialize and/or "look cool".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 10:22 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
As Ive always stated, AZ fans dont give a crap about their teams unless they have a good season, and you've just agreed with me to a certain extent. It wasnt until the Cards FINALLY built a stadium that the "fans" showed up, and it was probably just to socialize and/or "look cool".
Attending an NFL game is a social event. That said - obviously, you have never been to UOP stadium to see 65 to 70,000 Cardinals fans rooting for their team - even when the Cardinals were losing. You have not seen the 1000's outside - and the Tailgating going on.

Face it - you know nothing about what you speak of here

Old 02-07-2009, 11:36 AM
RCR

264 posts, read 909,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
1. Haley Leaves to KC (Was the Offensive Coordinator) Whiz was OC before he came here so he can call plays....No big loss.

It is a big loss...Head coaches are game managers and should have someone they trust calling the plays. Whiz can be the OC but that is just an extra duty he now bears.

2. Pendergast was just fired (Defensive Coordinator) Our defense gave up over 400 pts. I think we can find someone to do better.

Really? Name a better and available DC that is willing to come to AZ. Better hit the College ranks or retirement villages.

3. Boldin tells media at pro bowl that he is done in Arizona. Sorry but he is under contract for 2 more years so we can get something for him or he will have to sit out.

Boldin has said he is holding out if he is not traded. Not only does it become a huge distraction for the team it also holds a roster spot hostage.

4. Edge is done in Az...he didn't even return with the team after the super bowl. He didn't play a big part of the year although he sure came through in the playoffs. Maybe we can pick up someone in a trade for Boldin.

He was very pivotal during the playoff run. He kept every defense but the Steelers honest...they had to respect him as a run threat.

5. Dansby wants to play in NYC (Giants) or Dallas. We'll see what happens here. His agent and Graves are talking. He may get a franchise tag.

Unless it is a block buster contract I doubt he signs. He wants to test the market...why blame him? Get what you can while you can...A franchise tag would still cost the Cards about 8-9 million. Plus You don't set a good precedence around the league if you slap a franchise tag on the same player two years in a row. Same old Cardinals or Cardinals willing to spend money to get good players...People around the league are watching

6. Warner is unsure...says the Boldin situation might effect his decision. We'll just have to wait and see on this one. I think he still wants to play.

He wants to play. He also said that the Boldin situation will be part of his decision. Warner is not an idiot...he knows how important Boldin was to the Cardinals. The fans may not understand but the QB does...Do you really think Matt will take the Cards to the playoffs?
I trust in Whiz to handle the coaching staff just fine. Remember Haley just started calling plays this year, Whiz called them last year. I would expect it not to be a big deal for him to groom another OC the same way. We will see what happens with the DC. I expect Whiz has someone in mind, the current linebacker coach for the Steelers has been mentioned but he may not be available. No matter who it is, as I said, they can't do much worse than giving up over 400 points.

I will give you the point that this is the time we really see if this is the same old cardinals. With 40 million in cap space we need to get our players signed. I have read where Suggs is interested in coming to Az so if we sign him but loose Dansby I think we come out ahead. Boldin's threats to sit came a while ago. If you see his comments from the Pro Bowl he has said the next few weeks will tell. Hopefully with Fitz willing to re-work his contract Boldin will sign too.

Time will tell if Matt can lead us to the playoffs. He has one of the best Mentors so I wouldn't base my decision on how he played previously.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:05 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,607,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Attending an NFL game is a social event. That said - obviously, you have never been to UOP stadium to see 65 to 70,000 Cardinals fans rooting for their team - even when the Cardinals were losing. You have not seen the 1000's outside - and the Tailgating going on.

I went to the Dallas vs. Cardinals game this year and at least 40% or more were Cowboys fans...

You won't ever see even 10% opposing fans in the Bears Stadium...

Old 02-07-2009, 06:20 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,296 times
Quote:
I went to the Dallas vs. Cardinals game this year and at least 40% or more were Cowboys fans...

I was at INvestco field, and the Broncos were playing the Packers. I swear there were more packer fans there that day. That was kind of crappy.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:04 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,165,593 times
Quote:

I was at that game as well, and I'd have to totally disagree with ya' unless, of course, you were up in nosebleed . But down where it matters, it was a sea of red

Old 02-08-2009, 06:20 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,607,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
I was at that game as well, and I'd have to totally disagree with ya' unless, of course, you were up in nosebleed . But down where it matters, it was a sea of red
I was in the lower section...We had it full of Cowboys fans

Old 02-08-2009, 07:21 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,418,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post

That can be said for ANY sporting event, any team, any city.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:17 PM

26 posts, read 65,168 times
Moved to Phoenix long before there was an NFL team shipped here.
Born and raised in Pittsburgh, been a Steelers fan all my life and am happy to say we had a REALLY great season this year! Steelers 2010!

Old 02-09-2009, 07:58 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,165,593 times
Quote:
I was in the lower section...We had it full of Cowboys fans
doubt it....there were maybe a couple. Look, i'm a big cowboys fan as well, when they aren't playing my cards, so I wouldn't have anything against that....it just isn't reality is all.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area