Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 08:06 AM

307 posts, read 954,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
I've become persuaded that this sad individual has found her niche--to live in a place she hates, and to complain about it incessantly on the local chatboard. If she actually "moved on", she would probably be even more miserable.

It's like being stuck in a bad marriage that just goes on and on. You keep wishing they'd just split up, but they seem to need the misery.

Sad.
Do you wish to "head people off at the pass" before they choose the PHX area?

Something akin to "don't make the same mistake I did"?

Everyone makes choices in life that affect themselves and everyone else, including when posters are trying to "warn of how bad a place is" due to not liking it themselves.

I would submit going for a more objective posting, maybe posting both pros and cons and including the tagline that fits...

Just some friendly suggestions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 10:47 AM

6,706 posts, read 5,935,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDish2000 View Post
Do you wish to "head people off at the pass" before they choose the PHX area?

Something akin to "don't make the same mistake I did"?

Everyone makes choices in life that affect themselves and everyone else, including when posters are trying to "warn of how bad a place is" due to not liking it themselves.

I would submit going for a more objective posting, maybe posting both pros and cons and including the tagline that fits...

Just some friendly suggestions...
You must mean the other poster, not me, I think.

I think people should make the best of every situation we find ourselves in, and if it's not working out, make a plan to rectify it. Move somewhere else, or fix the things that are wrong with your present situation.

Complaining about how objectively bad a place is to all who will listen, and warning everyone not to move here regardless of how different from you their circumstances may be--that is neither constructive nor honest. If you don't like it here, by all means do something about it other than complain pointlessly on a chatboard.

Just think of all the time and energy you could be putting into improving your lot in life instead of complaining about it. We are a nation of whiners, that's for sure

I've done my share of whining in my time but if I've learned anything in life, it's that life is what we make of it. We get one ride on the merry-go-round so enjoy it and try to leave it a better place for the next person. (or for your future self, if you're a Buddhist or Hindu who believes in reincarnation )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area