Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 10:54 AM

20 posts, read 58,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Phx Native View Post
The law says if you are carrying concealed, you can't drink.
The law says you can drink, but then you can't drive.
And we all know that drunk driving almost never happens, because it is THE LAW.
The law says you can't be under age and drink, therefore teenagers never drink.

People have a tendency to ignore all alcohol-related laws. Why am I supposed to believe this one will be regarded differently?

Old 10-01-2009, 11:56 AM

1,775 posts, read 6,353,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applequist View Post

People have a tendency to ignore all alcohol-related laws. Why am I supposed to believe this one will be regarded differently?
Actually, you can drink and then drive. You just have to a BAC below .08. Not so for guns in bars. You can't drink at all in a public place if carrying. You can have alcohol in you as long as it's below .08 and you're carrying. But consuming in a bar or restaurant while armed is a no-no. Not that such a law will stop it, but it's more strict than those regarding drinking and driving.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:40 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,014,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
Actually, you can drink and then drive. You just have to a BAC below .08. Not so for guns in bars. You can't drink at all in a public place if carrying. You can have alcohol in you as long as it's below .08 and you're carrying. But consuming in a bar or restaurant while armed is a no-no. Not that such a law will stop it, but it's more strict than those regarding drinking and driving.
Well actually, you can still be arrested for driving while impaired with a BAC between .01-.08...the consequences are slightly less severe but it is still illegal. The .08 is a threshold for a far worse criminal citation. But Applequist makes a valid point.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
It is of no consequence what I "believe" (or not) - the facts are, many have reacted appropriately.

And, btw, I am one of those who has used my firearm to protect myself and my family - and shot and killed an intruder in my home. I have had the experience.
As I've said before, shooting and protection at home is FAR different compared to a public place. Reaction is/should be completely different, elements are different, variables are different, appropriate responses are different, and consequences are far different than on your property. I'm sure many have reacted appropriately but how many haven't?

Old 10-01-2009, 12:49 PM

966 posts, read 1,344,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applequist View Post

Maybe because those that are carrying a gun have had to have a background check by the DPS, fingerprinted, and gone thru a training class, they have all ready proven they obey the law.

Personally, I think anyone who drinks and drives and injures or kills someone should be put at the front of the line for a table on death row in Florance.
I have lost more friends to drunks than I have to motorcycles ( I ride everyday), flying ( I fix and fly planes) or guns, and everyone of them were not drinking, they were the ones the drunk hit.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:49 PM

2 posts, read 1,841 times
This is a good law and is supportive of our second amendment right. Many will find that there will be no change in the manner of how law abiding citizens hold responsibility to their firearms. For those who wish to carry and drink, they will continue to do so as they did before this bill was ever written. I personally feel more safe having a meal in a restaurant/bar with a CCW permit holder at the next table drinking an ice tea, then I do driving on the 101.

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-02-2009 at 07:52 PM..

Old 10-01-2009, 06:51 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
. I'm sure many have reacted appropriately but how many haven't?
I did some searching - couldn't find anything about inappropriate actions.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I did some searching - couldn't find anything about inappropriate actions.
Which doesn't mean non-exist...

Old 10-02-2009, 07:27 AM

1,775 posts, read 6,353,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
Which doesn't mean non-exist...
So what are you basing your claims on then?

Old 10-02-2009, 07:31 AM

39,074 posts, read 51,199,205 times
They took a poke at AZ's new gun law on SNL last night. All the publicity the gun nuts are getting us of late is not doing much for our image.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area