Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 04:36 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,944,101 times

Advertisements

Everyone has different limits of whats acceptable to them and what isn't. You yourself said that you agree with no parking on the street yet others may think that is ridiculous...then to others, parking on the lawn may be completely ok by them. Where do you draw the line?

As for the RV situation...I can see where it could make sense. Take my neighbor again...he does have an RV gate. If he parked his RV there, which looks to be a good 15' tall (maybe more?), it would annoy me as it would be about 30' right off my back patio and I wouldn't want to see his brightly red painted RV there on a daily basis.

Then again, I also don't like 2 story houses around either with me looking into other people's houses or them looking into my yard.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:41 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmist View Post
If people stop writing back, it will become old and go away, until the next person starts a new thread to share their similarly negative views, and then it will start all over. Whats the point in complaining if you know thats the way it works in this city's forum. Its part of Phoenix. LOVE IT vs HATE IT.
This is a good point and I was going to respond with something similar. After giving it some thought, I think a fair compromise is not to delete or merge or your thread but rather to close it. That way, people can still read your thread and it will show up during searches. And by closing it, you prevent the thread from becoming something that it wasn't designed to do which is become another cheap bickering thread that amounts to 40 pages.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:50 PM

1,064 posts, read 2,665,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Everyone has different limits of whats acceptable to them and what isn't. You yourself said that you agree with no parking on the street yet others may think that is ridiculous...then to others, parking on the lawn may be completely ok by them. Where do you draw the line?

As for the RV situation...I can see where it could make sense. Take my neighbor again...he does have an RV gate. If he parked his RV there, which looks to be a good 15' tall (maybe more?), it would annoy me as it would be about 30' right off my back patio and I wouldn't want to see his brightly red painted RV there on a daily basis.

Then again, I also don't like 2 story houses around either with me looking into other people's houses or them looking into my yard.
You are right about that... where do you draw the line?

I guess I feel like if you are in good company, having a good time, you aren't going to be paying much attention to where cars are parked, whats showing in your neighbors yard. So its my analysis that people here have too much time on their hands and obsess over things that are ultimately unimportant.

For me personally, if I wanted to live somewhere that I knew someone wasn't going to tell me how long I'm allowed to have my garage open, or be surrounded by neighbors that are timing the placement of my garbage can, I would have to know that also meant that others may also park on their lawns, then I would have to accept that as part of the package, and wouldn't be able to worry about it.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:54 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
I guess what ever floats your boat...err...ok that was corny?

But really, what ever fits you. See...I am one of the people that don't want to deal with your huge RV or boat. Just this instance, my neighbor, who returned from the dunes this past weekend, has his HUGE RV parked on the street right as you come around the corner. It's bothering the **** out of me but I know he isn't keeping it there, it's temporary, but still...it takes up half the street width and when I make the turn to come home, I have to take the turn extra slow and sharp to maneuver around it. Why do I need to deal with that?

I'm sure you're a big fan of HOA's not letting you park cars on the streets too, huh? Haha. I again like that they do that...makes driving down the street easier and safer (no kids running out from behind a car like has happened to me in other neighborhoods)
I agree with your opinion. I don't mind if someone temporarily parks their boat or RV but if they do it full-time, it infringes upon me and other drivers as those vehicles occupy a lot of space. I think it is irresponsible for owners of those vehicles to just leave it by their house as it creates congestion and makes it less safe especially at night. If you can't afford to park such a vehicle elsewhere then perhaps you should consider if it is wise to even own one.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:55 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Enough! Closed

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area