Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 06:25 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,881,999 times

Advertisements

Congrats Zathras! I'm jealous, but I'm waiting til October!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 06:31 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,851,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
Well we arrived in Fountain Hills a few days ago and now have internet, tv, and our stuff- most of which is still in boxes everywhere.

1900 miles, took about 32 hours of driving time. I think I got about 10.5 mpg on the trip, towing a u-haul trailer.

Holy crap it's hot here!!!
Now that is all hindsight ...Get the beer, unpack, have fun...turn up the AC, and have a great weekend! Welcome to AZ and enjoy

Old 06-26-2010, 06:37 PM

675 posts, read 1,414,815 times
Thanks guys..

Already have the beer. Got the kegerator set up and bought a keg at a liquor store yesterday. Never did that before- in Ohio I just went to the distributor and bought em. Apparently here in AZ the distributors aren't allowed to sell to the general public. Whatever, it was cheaper here anyways!

Finally got the pool water balanced decent enough. sooo warm! I had to run my heater quite a bit in OH to get the water into the upper 80's. I think my pool here is around 90!

I don't think I'll ever get tired of these mountain views though! Just breathtaking.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:25 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
Thanks guys..

Already have the beer. Got the kegerator set up and bought a keg at a liquor store yesterday. Never did that before- in Ohio I just went to the distributor and bought em. Apparently here in AZ the distributors aren't allowed to sell to the general public. Whatever, it was cheaper here anyways!

Finally got the pool water balanced decent enough. sooo warm! I had to run my heater quite a bit in OH to get the water into the upper 80's. I think my pool here is around 90!

I don't think I'll ever get tired of these mountain views though! Just breathtaking.
Ohio must have a borderline totalitarian alcohol/liquor policy like Pennsylvania. You can only buy at distributors and specially licensed stores (like pizza joints). Even alcohol and liquor/wine have to be sold in seperate places. I was used to Michigan and Illinois where booze can be purchased anywhere: Wal-Mart, Liquor Stores, gas stations, etc.

Enjoy livin' in AZ. I can't wait till I get out there come July!

Old 06-27-2010, 07:17 AM

149 posts, read 533,509 times
Welcome to Fountain Hills!!!. Actually it's a few degrees cooler than a lot of places in the valley. Wait until October or so and you will love it!

Old 06-27-2010, 08:16 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Good luck, my son and daughter in law are going to be nearby you in one month. Let us know if you find a way to keep a pool cool short of throwing an ice truck into it?

Old 06-28-2010, 11:02 AM

67 posts, read 207,264 times
Zathras - Another Buckeye here, congrats on the move. We have 3 more years before #4 is out of high school and we'll be on our way to PHX. Enjoy AZ!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area