Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2010, 02:58 AM

805 posts, read 2,001,481 times

Advertisements

Jambini is correct. The law of walking with an ID is still in effect. It is not some archaic law. I have been stopped myself before under assumption of being a minor and said i did not have my ID. I was then told you are required to carry it at all times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 03:57 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,418,916 times
That is correct, by law you must carry identification at all times.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:21 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorbladesmiley View Post
the boycott is laughable; the bands cancelling to come here are more ridiculous than the boycott itself. reminds me of the makings of a Jerry Springer episode or a potential Michael Moore film.
I don't care if you like or dislike any of the artists coming here. Me, I couldn't care about any of them. However, ever single one of them brings money, and jobs, to the state...which we kind of need.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:50 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I don't care if you like or dislike any of the artists coming here. Me, I couldn't care about any of them. However, ever single one of them brings money, and jobs, to the state...which we kind of need.
I think the point was that IF the boycott is having any effect (the jury's still out on that one) it's a minor one with only one or two whackadoo bands. The funny part is these bands forget what happened to the ditzy twits, errr dixie chicks when they decided to spout political instead of just performing.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I think the point was that IF the boycott is having any effect (the jury's still out on that one) it's a minor one with only one or two whackadoo bands. The funny part is these bands forget what happened to the ditzy twits, errr dixie chicks when they decided to spout political instead of just performing.
I forgot about them, but I think that's the point. When bands and other groups try to get political that's the end for them, look how many people do not support Los Suns anymore because of that bull****.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:57 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post

That's because they weren't overly talented. Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam expressed the same criticism of GW, and neither even got a slap on the hand.

Let's not pretend the fall of the Dixie Chicks was because of their political stance, but because they were a talentless pop band.

And this is beyond the point. The point is that every little nickel and dime would help us, right now.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
That's because they weren't overly talented. Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam expressed the same criticism of GW, and neither even got a slap on the hand.

Let's not pretend the fall of the Dixie Chicks was because of their political stance, but because they were a talentless pop band.

And this is beyond the point. The point is that every little nickel and dime would help us, right now.
They were a country band, spaking out against a republican president, not some pop band with no fans. I believe at one time they were easily the most popular country band.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:44 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
They were a country band, spaking out against a republican president, not some pop band with no fans. I believe at one time they were easily the most popular country band.
This would be true considering all the awards they got at their peak.
You also have to remember that Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters et al appeal to a different crowd. I guess I could safely say part of the crowd they appeal to has no problem with breaking windows,lighting garbage cans/police cars afire or just going against the "establishment" by whatever means or for any reason.
I'm sure a certain (large) part of their audience is made up of the "coom-by-ya,no/open borders why can't we be like Copenhagen crowd as well.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:56 AM

223 posts, read 596,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
That is correct, by law you must carry identification at all times.
Would you be so kind as to give me some kind of reference; I'm curious about this one.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:47 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
there is no reference because it's not correct - you absolutely are not required to carry ID at times if a legal citizen

i believe in AZ all that can be done is you can be asked your name - you are legally required to provide your real identification

I know that you can be detained under certain circumstances to verify this information though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area