Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 11:11 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,900,242 times

Advertisements

Thanks all! Guess the concensus on B&H from the pros are good! Now to figure out a way to order this without hubby knowing...he he he! Also, been meaning to purchase at least a 2-year extended warranty. Is this advisable or is it just fluff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 08:07 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
I did check out B&H last night...there were still some complaints but appears that they have been resolved. They were also quite dated complaints (ca. 2005) and have not seen any. Are they still using the tedious manual credit verification process I read about? I was a little scared after seeing the complaints against 86Streetphoto.com regarding offering the lowest price and then calling you to tell you that it's back-ordered, or that the battery was not included in the price, etc. etc.

Has anyone ordered a camera from Dell.com? I have had no problems (other than them using stupid DHL to deliver ) for my laptops, but was wondering if anyone had experience on camera purchases. Their price for the model I wanted was about $50 less than at Amazon.
B&H is perhaps the largest camera and electronic store in the US, maybe in the world. I am not kidding you. If you visit B&H in NYC, you enter the store through doors on one street, and can exit through the doors at the following street. B&H is owned by Jews, so no business is conducted on Saturdays, but what I like the most about this company is how reliable it is.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:09 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Thanks all! Guess the concensus on B&H from the pros are good! Now to figure out a way to order this without hubby knowing...he he he! Also, been meaning to purchase at least a 2-year extended warranty. Is this advisable or is it just fluff?
I never buy extended warranties, at least not from the store I purchase a product. However, an extended warranty from the company that makes the product could "sometimes" be a great deal.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:40 PM

1,401 posts, read 3,774,174 times
I never buy extended warranties from the store, but always buy it from Nikon directly. Its a better warranty, and usually the same price or less.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:44 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
Default Another Source

I've used this company out of WI with no problems. Good service and competitive pricing. A good reference site too. I also have used B&H for years with no problems at all.

Badger Graphic Sales, Inc.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:07 AM

2,080 posts, read 6,939,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Has anyone dealt with KEH? They sell new and used equipment and buy your old ones, too.

KEH Camera: Used Cameras, Digital Cameras, Film Cameras, Laptop Computers and More.
Hello warptman, I have dealt with KEH for more than 10 years now and was never disappointed. Even when I moved to Hawaii, their service was still above and beyond. Now granted, some of the sales/operators and I are on a first name basis and one knows my sales history just by my name. It's kind of cool. But, even if you're a first time buyer, you'll get the same treatment. They're a medium size co. in ATL (they are next door to the old Wolf camera main store) and they really take care of their customers. That's why I never changed my buying habits when it came to equipment. They even overnight a purchase to my hotel room in Calgary, ALB when I was in a pinch. I delayed my session for a day. But they came through! They are really patient if you have questions on their grade/scoring on their equipment. You can never go wrong with KEH!

Old 06-29-2008, 10:14 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,959,040 times
I've bought my last 2 DSLRs from newegg.com.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:51 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,813,684 times
I've bought multiple times from both B&H (my favorite) and Adorama and never had a problem.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:44 PM

58 posts, read 142,446 times
I will only order from B&H. I have never had an issue with them. You might pay a little more than other online retailers, but let me tell you, it's worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography