Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 05:31 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,752,558 times

Advertisements

"I Don't Wanna Grow Up" - Tom Waits

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 07:30 AM

5 posts, read 5,365 times
Fort Worth has gone wild for Super Bowl Week. ESPN has set up an amazing compound in Downtown Fort Worth. The Steelers are coming tomorrow (to stay at the Downtown Fort Worth Omni) and the City is going all Pittsburgh. It is really getting fun here. I walked around last night and took these pictures. If you are a Pittsburgh fan heading for Texas, Fort Worth is the place you will love. (Pretty, safe, clean and friendly. not to mention it is where the Steelers and fans will be all week!)

More in this slideshow:
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Old 01-30-2011, 08:53 PM

5 posts, read 5,365 times
I love this ESPN set in Fort Worth. I grabbed this little video tonight of the Sky-cams ESPN has run over the set area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4gocNFYhbk

Old 01-30-2011, 11:07 PM

781 posts, read 1,619,717 times
As a cheesehead that lives in Pittsburgh I think it is important to give specific examples that both fan bases are equally crazed, proud, excited, clever smart and fun! I like both teams, but.... Yinz understand.

Feelin' So Fly Like a Cheesehead | Total Packers

Old 02-01-2011, 05:51 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,853,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideblinded View Post
As a cheesehead that lives in Pittsburgh I think it is important to give specific examples that both fan bases are equally crazed, proud, excited, clever smart and fun! I like both teams, but.... Yinz understand.
Green Bay has a great football history that is very rich in tradition and it looks like the fans are having a great time right now with going to the Superbowl!
Yesterday's Tribune Review also had a nice article about Coach McCarthy who hasn't forgotten about his old neighborhood and gives St Rosalia's School charitable contributions.
Many people in that neighborhood are Steeler fans, but when Steelers play the Packers, they root for Packers in appreciation for all that Coach McCarthy has done for them and the neighborhood.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:07 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,632,328 times
Zoo's Orangutan Makes Super Bowl Pick - Sports News Story - WHNS Greenville

Sorry Steeler fans, its all over but the shouting.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:43 PM

98 posts, read 173,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post

I would be more worried if it were Paul the Octopus that made that prediction but sadly he is in another world now

Paul The 'Psychic' Octopus Honored With Golden Memorial : The Two-Way : NPR

Old 02-01-2011, 01:00 PM

1,519 posts, read 2,675,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post

But one in Fresno picked the Steelers.

Orangutan at Fresno zoo predicts Super Bowl winner | abc30.com

The apes are divided!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh