Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 07:23 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,853,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Golf09 View Post
Remember, this is a "man" that claimed we are all racist, bitter, bible thumpers that cling to our guns and religion since we can't find any jobs here. .
I'm sure any politician worth his/her salt would give a public campaign speech for the sole purpose of openly insulting the audience(!!!????) Aw, C'mon!

Of course the statement of "clinging to guns and religion" was a nod to the strength of rural Pennsylvanians who, in a nation that has forgotten them for 30 years, have managed to stoically keep plodding ahead and making do with what little they have. Let's face it, if this happened to any other region in the U.S. the people would have been crying-" Bail us out!!"

Yes, the Bush Administrations were all about Texas and Reagan was all about California. Even Clinton forgot about and all could have cared less about the Rust Belt.
I have been, like many others, less than pleased about the state of the economy and health care and wouldn't grade Obama's performance as president as an "A", but I have appreciated the recognition he has given the Pittsburgh region during his campaign and presidency. No one else has done that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 07:24 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlstreet View Post
I'm always impressed when our president chooses to visit Pittsburgh, no matter what their political affiliations may be. I think people should be able to put their politics aside and understand how the publicity is always good for our city.
I agree. I was thinking about going down that way and protest he war spending, but I left it alone. I am happy he is here. He has been here many times and not many presidents visit here. I don't think bush ever came here, but I am too lazy to look it up this morning.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlstreet View Post
I'm always impressed when our president chooses to visit Pittsburgh, no matter what their political affiliations may be. I think people should be able to put their politics aside and understand how the publicity is always good for our city.
Oh and this is why I started this thread. I think it is great for the city. Love or hate Obama, he is here again! It doesn't hurt and I think it is great for CMU. For those who have crossed the 40th Street Bridge by foot or bike you can look down at the center. It has remote control military vehicles and many interesting things to see. You can also walk along the river behind it and get a closer look at what they do there. I am sure it would be a fascinating place to tour. Some bright young minds making very interesting things.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:35 AM

One has to wonder the effect of the multiple visits to CMU from Obama and the effects it has on CMU's getting some of the brightest minds in technology in the upcoming years? I don't think it hurts.

I recall a friend of mine going to CMU back when 9/11 happened and it was a very big deal there on campus because I guess there are some agreements with our government in technology. That was the impression I was under talking to my friend who was getting a PhD in some global affairs.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:39 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,657,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
How can people predicting something BS? People were just predicting where he might stay.

Seems you are predicting where his route MIGHT be. BS!!
Dude! I think I made more posts about him staying in Fox Chapel than anyone. I'm saying my prior predictions were in fact bogus.

The route is entirely predictable from airport area to the Ft Pitt Bridge. After that it is unpredictable. There's no activity here on the Allegheny side near the Ft Duquesne Bridge, so they may be rolling right up Liberty Ave or something, dunno. I'd have to go outside for any other better vantage points, not going to happen at the moment.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
The route is entirely predictable from airport area to the Ft Pitt Bridge. After that it is unpredictable. There's no activity here on the Allegheny side near the Ft Duquesne Bridge, so they may be rolling right up Liberty Ave or something, dunno. I'd have to go outside for any other better vantage points, not going to happen at the moment.
They could go 40th St Bridge and 28 S from CMU's Robotic Center. That is how I would go back to the airport.

Oh, I understand you BS comment now.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:07 AM

Well, I can now see that the traffic bound for the outbound Ft Pitt/Parkway West is stopped. So the motorcade is coming now. When they come in on the 10th Street Bypass there were cops over here, so he must not be coming this way and won't likely be crossing the Allegheny on the way in because there's no police presence over here at all. Suspect directly through downtown or such.

Okay, well, the tweets from the PG say Grant St, Bigelow Blvd, Bloomfield Bridge. Wouldn't have expected that, but hey.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
Well, I can now see that the traffic bound for the outbound Ft Pitt/Parkway West is stopped. So the motorcade is coming now. When they come in on the 10th Street Bypass there were cops over here, so he must not be coming this way and won't likely be crossing the Allegheny on the way in because there's no police presence over here at all. Suspect directly through downtown or such.

Okay, well, the tweets from the PG say Grant St, Bigelow Blvd, Bloomfield Bridge. Wouldn't have expected that, but hey.
Guess they are trying to create a route that is most appealing. 28 is a mess right now.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:59 AM

Traffic is blocked for the departure already looks like.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:18 AM

I got a look at that Cadillac and the news didn't show it very well, but I swear I saw some serious rims on that car. I was just wondering if it had some cool feet? I was laughing thinking he has to keep his black image and decided he needed some rims. Hope people don't take this the wrong way. I run 19's sometimes. lol Can someone confirm Obama has some kick'in rims?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh