Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 09:57 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,713,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hempfield mania View Post
hornet,
you made me chuckle a little. Yeah, what h said.

Mt. Lebo LEO's/judges haven't gotten that tough, yet, but I am sure it won't be too long!
From my, thankfully, limited experience with the Mt. Lebanon gendarmes, they are strict, but fair. Like with all police, a polite attitude goes a long way. In my 46 years of driving ( !!! ) , I have stopped by the State Police around 3-4 times if I recall, but was never actually issued a ticket. Warnings, but no tickets. I have driven, and continue to drive fast , powerful cars, but I guess I have been careful, and/or lucky when I let er'rip. That is, no other traffic. preferably in the middle of nowhere.
I was told by an Upper St.Clair policeman that they try to give out warnings for moving violations, unless it's a particularly egregious violation, or the driver is a jerk.
Bridgeville police, on the other hand, are total a------s, IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 11:46 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,872,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
couldn't walk in a straight line or tap his foot heel to toe while saying the alphabet
I can barely do that sober.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:36 PM

2,458 posts, read 4,204,562 times
I've probably driven drunk ten times in my life. And for anybody who has, and never had an accident, or gotten busted, there but for the grace of God go you. He must've smiled on me too, but I quit pushing my luck in that department about 30 years ago. And I guess I'm also blessed in that I don't really enjoy drinking enough to make it worth the risk, so it's been an easy enough problem to avoid.

__________________________________________________ _______________

I was stopped in Mt Lebo for having a dirty license plate.

It was around 9 p.m. in October, and I was driving my work truck, and I had the window rolled down, because I was still in my work clothes and jacket, and the fresh air felt good. After a breif conversation with the officer, wherein I promised to clean my license plate as soon as I got home, I was allowed to go on my way. Funny thing though--the plate and sticker on it were expired, and I had the new one sitting in its postal envelope on my dashboard, and that issue never came up in the conversation.

I have no doubt whatsoever that I was profiled as a possible DUI, and when it turned out that I wasn't, I was of no further interest. And you know what--I really don't have a problem with that, because I know a guy, who used to be one of my competitors, but who I considered a good guy. He got drunk one night, picked up a girl in a bar, and got in an accident on the way home. He went to jail. She went to the morgue.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:46 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchdigger View Post
I have no doubt whatsoever that I was profiled as a possible DUI, and when it turned out that I wasn't, I was of no further interest. And you know what--I really don't have a problem with that, because I know a guy, who used to be one of my competitors, but who I considered a good guy. He got drunk one night, picked up a girl in a bar, and got in an accident on the way home. He went to jail. She went to the morgue.
Of course you were profiled. That is part of that job even though no one wants to talk about it.

I am not saying a DUI isn't a big deal, but look at what he blew into that machine. He isn't a big drinker, believe me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh