Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 09:55 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,887,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
Cesar Milan must be off his rocker about #6. Why "share your food?"
Why not share your food?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 10:10 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
Is the leash law ever enforced? The wording of the law is actually kind of vague. It doesn't specifically say that the dog has to be on a leash, only that it must be under the owner's control. I have an annoying neighbor that "walks" her lab almost every day off lease. The d*mn mutt runs up in to my yard and has taken a big dump on my lawn more than once. I'm temped to call the police, but I'm not sure they'll do anything.
In certain areas she could be fined, and you should approach her regarding her dog pooping in your yard, she should clean it up.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:21 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,669,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
Cesar Milan must be off his rocker about #6. Why "share your food?"
the title of that one is weird, but i think the point is that food, even the dog's regular meals, should be treated as a reward for good behavior. that's a good practice. giving *water* as a reward is weird though; water should be freely available to dogs (and all pets) at all times. also i think for most dogs, a walk is a reward in itself so i'm not sure why it's being brought up here.

sorry this is getting way off topic.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:41 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,871,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
multiple ramblings about people disobeying the leash law in Frick Park
http://www.cicchini.org/WhatTheFrick.png (broken link)

Old 01-02-2012, 06:47 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,700,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeinGlanzendMotorrad View Post

What are you confused about? Sure, you pointed out an area on the map that shows an off leash area, but if you would read my posts, it has nothing to do with that. It has everything to do with people and their dogs OUTSIDE of that area who leave them off leash where they aren't supposed to. As in, the rest of the park.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:24 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,692,250 times
The off-leash area in Frick Park is a penned in area with double gates, where you may take your dog and let him or her run around like crazy, within the confines of the fenced in area. It is a great resource for dog is owners, and it makes it even more infuriating that people allow their dogs to wander off-leash in other areas of the park.

I love dogs, but I can't stand having a big muddy dog jump up and practically knock me down. As a runner, when you come upon an off-leash dog you have to slow down, determine the dog's threat level, deal with it jumping up on you, make sure it doesn't follow you and get separated from its owner, etc. It is just a big nuisance that could be avoided if people followed leash laws and used the off-leash area.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:54 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,611,087 times
I don't understand the big deal here??? Why doesn't everyone just get some doggy mace and use it liberally.

Unleashed dog jumps on you... mace it.
Unleashed dog runs up to you... mace it.
Unleashed dog barks threateningly... mace it.
Owner complains... mace them too!

Problem solved.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:58 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zip95 View Post
I don't understand the big deal here??? Why doesn't everyone just get some doggy mace and use it liberally.

Problem solved.
Perhaps because those irresponsible dog owners would look to sue you?

Old 01-02-2012, 09:47 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,887,444 times
Quote:

Problem solved.
Mace you. Problem solved.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:54 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:

Problem solved.
I love dogs, but might actually agree with you. I mean, people shouldn't have to walk in fear of dogs in a park. My wife had a dog jump on her down in Frick Park and we probably won't return to walk there because there are so many stupid dog owners that seem to go there. I don't need mace, since I am a big person that has zero fear of dogs, so long as there are two or less. Once there are three, then that could be more threatening. Dog bits me, they will be dead. Neck will be broken and that is that. I won't put up with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh