Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 03:03 PM

3,463 posts, read 4,647,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrobrob View Post
Could be tough finding a level entry ranch home with a garage on the main level.
I saw a listing for a place in Penn Hills that had a few steps up to the house and two of the bedrooms were on the main level. It also had an attached garage. Hopefully I can find something like that for them if they decide to move to Pittsburgh to be near me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 03:17 PM

1,763 posts, read 3,293,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
There is a new development I passed recently in McCandless, a northern suburb, on Babcock Blvd between McKnight Road and Passavant Hospital. There was a big sign outside that they were having an open house. It looked like a complex of several hundred semi-detached homes on winding streets. Don't kow if they are rentals or for sale.

I see ads for more in the weekend papers, but I don't remember where they are located.

I think some are affiliated with local hospitals or health care systems.
This is Vincentian Villa
Vincentian Villa | Vincentian Collaborative System

It's quite nice and an excellent convenient location with North Park right around the corner. They are designed for independent living but they have social events, shuttles, etc. There are call buttons in every unit, but otherwise seem like normal one-level duplexes with garage. There is an entrance fee 90% of which you get back plus a monthly fee.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:21 PM

3,463 posts, read 4,647,204 times
This forum rocks. I've gotten so much useful information in just a few minutes. Thanks.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:55 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times
For retirement communities, you might look at Village At St. Barnabas,

St. Barnabas Health System

and St Andrew's Village, which is about 50 miles east of Pittsburgh in Indiana, PA

St. Andrews Village - A Presbyterian Senior Living Retirement Community Offering Independent & Personal Care, Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation - Indiana, Pennsylvania
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh