Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 12:50 PM

1,445 posts, read 1,973,231 times

Advertisements

I'm not really complaining, we knew the place was a big project when we took it on. Some of my neighbors have been working on their houses since the early 1970s so by that metric, we're ahead of schedule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 08:54 AM

3,463 posts, read 4,648,440 times
Default Final Notice

Today I gave final notice at my place in SF. I'm going back to pack, clean, and move my animals. My things and pets will arrive in early June. The remodeling should be finished by then. Lots of pieces to get in place in the puzzle that my life feels like right now.

My new kitchen is a drywalled shell with a nice new sub-floor. The new cabinets are sitting in my dining room awaiting the installation of the kitchen floor. The basement stairs are about halfway done. There's a bunch of patching, painting, adding lighting and minor repairs left to do around the house as well. And painting then refinishing the hardwood floors in the living room and dining room, the upstairs hall, and one bedroom. Luckily the previous owner refinished the pine floors in the other rooms.

I'm really looking forward to being settled in. The next few weeks are going to be wild.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:41 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,188,061 times
Good luck! I'm very envious, I wanted to buy that house when it was previously on the market back in 2010. Loads of great character on a terrific street. It looks like some of the grand old homes in Crafton are selling relatively quickly which is definitely a good sign. Maybe Crafton is finally being discovered by the general public.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:48 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,640,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliegt View Post
Today I gave final notice at my place in SF. I'm going back to pack, clean, and move my animals. My things and pets will arrive in early June. The remodeling should be finished by then. Lots of pieces to get in place in the puzzle that my life feels like right now.

My new kitchen is a drywalled shell with a nice new sub-floor. The new cabinets are sitting in my dining room awaiting the installation of the kitchen floor. The basement stairs are about halfway done. There's a bunch of patching, painting, adding lighting and minor repairs left to do around the house as well. And painting then refinishing the hardwood floors in the living room and dining room, the upstairs hall, and one bedroom. Luckily the previous owner refinished the pine floors in the other rooms.

I'm really looking forward to being settled in. The next few weeks are going to be wild.
Hope it all goes well. We moved here from Seattlle with pets and our son....wore me out. I can't imagine dealing with construction too.( although we all lived in our rv a total of two months in the Winter when we moved so the stress may be about the same. )

Old 05-10-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinsey86 View Post
Hope it all goes well. We moved here from Seattlle with pets and our son....wore me out. I can't imagine dealing with construction too.( although we all lived in our rv a total of two months in the Winter when we moved so the stress may be about the same. )
Two months in an RV in the winter? Yes, I'd say that's equally, if not more, stressful! I have reached a sort of calm about it today after some logistical stuff yesterday that totally stressed me out. Hopefully it will all go smoothly form here on out.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlstreet View Post
Good luck! I'm very envious, I wanted to buy that house when it was previously on the market back in 2010. Loads of great character on a terrific street. It looks like some of the grand old homes in Crafton are selling relatively quickly which is definitely a good sign. Maybe Crafton is finally being discovered by the general public.
The people who bought it in 2011 and sold it to me in 2012 did a lot of work on it which gave me room in my budget to remodel the kitchen and a few other things. PM me and we can arrange a time for you to come see it later this summer when the remodeling's finished.

The house next door to me and one down the street both sold recently. The young couple next door are restoring their place. It's a beauty. I need to walk down to the other house and see what's going on. I looked at it when I was house hunting. I liked it but it had a tiny kitchen that had been remuddled in the 80s along with some other problems that I didn't want to deal with. It did have some beautiful period details and the landscaping was really nice. I hope Crafton does catch on. It would be great for our property values and it would be nice to get some better restaurants closer to home. I find myself going to the east side for eating out, galleries, boutiques, and interesting retail. I go to the mall for big box shopping. There's so little to choose from in Crafton. Although there is Antney's for ice cream!

Old 05-10-2013, 05:10 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,547,733 times
Maybe it's an invitation to start a small business in Crafton.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:18 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,640,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Maybe it's an invitation to start a small business in Crafton.
Psssstttt....Hopes, where art thou?!

Old 05-16-2013, 09:33 PM

Default Update from SF

Today I packed four boxes, filled three bags of stuff to donate, and a few bags of trash and recycling. Feeling less overwhelmed by the move now that I've made some progress. Hope to do as much or more tomorrow. One day at a time.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:53 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,898,206 times
Good luck with your move, Julie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh