Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 10:08 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Dear God, not the Saints. Given the French influence in Louisiana, it's fitting that their starting QB has a Napoleon complex.

No 49ers either, for that matter. Being a Harbaugh is an inherent character flaw, and it was bad enough that one of them won the Super Bowl last year. I'm not in the mood for the other one to win one, and I sure as **** don't want another team to have six Lombardi Trophies.

And after all the crying that fans of the Seahawks (and all their sympathizers) did eight years ago, they don't deserve to celebrate a Super Bowl championship. The favorites seldom make it to the Super Bowl anymore anyway.

I'm predicting a Panthers/Chiefs Super Bowl.
Getting interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 08:49 AM

2,458 posts, read 4,205,092 times
Quote:

Chiefs went nowhere.
Good. That's karma coming around for benching their starters against SD.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:31 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,057,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchdigger View Post

ugh...i was all "Chiefs all the way" for no other reason than i fear going through what KC fans are going through - generations and generations without a winner, let alone several CONSISTENT years of 10+ wins to cheer through.

that must be hell.

plus - whether i like a team or not, their # of super bowls dictates whether i root for them. "GO [insert team name playing against the 49ers]"!

Green Bay today - wow. this will be one for the record books. -17deg F with wind chill. holy crud. do you remember as a kid playing football in snow or cold weather - it freaking HURTS to be hit or to fall. if i were a QB playing at Lambeau today, id say "um, offensive line, please dont let me get sacked!" the tears would freeze on my face. haha.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Had the Steelers been in that position and did the same, it would have been called a smart move.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:34 PM

3,463 posts, read 4,647,901 times
Getting ready to watch my Niners. :-)

Old 01-05-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Had the Steelers been in that position and did the same, it would have been called a smart move.
Karma doesn't care whether something's smart or dumb.

Old 01-05-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Karma doesn't care whether something's smart or dumb.
So with your rationalization, had the Steelers been in the Chiefs position and did the same thing, Karma would have made the Steelers lose this weekend.

The Chiefs are not a great team. Theyre above average. Just one reason why I said they were going nowhere. Playing smart by protecting your players in a meaningless game has nothing to do with them losing to the Colts. Bad time management in the second half was a huge factor in them losing.

Cracks me up every time I hear/read people blaming the Chiefs for the Steelers missing the playoffs. Its always somebody else's fault in the eyes of certain fans, when the facts are that the Steelers were not a good team this year, didnt deserve to be in the playoffs, and didnt win enough games to get in.

Last edited by erieguy; 01-05-2014 at 07:39 PM..

Old 01-06-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:

Cracks me up every time I hear/read people blaming the Chiefs for the
Steelers missing the playoffs.
Show me where I said that.

Quote:
So with your rationalization, had the Steelers been in the Chiefs position
and did the same thing, Karma would have made the Steelers lose this weekend.
I guess we'll never know...

Old 01-06-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Show me where I said that.

I guess we'll never know...
Never said you said it, here...but thinking/posting Karma was the result of the Chiefs loss, is very funny.

What's good for one is good for the other. If you believe Karma caused the Chiefs to lose then the Steelers doing the same should receive the same consequences. However, I can tell that you feel the Steelers are exempt.

There is talk of adding more teams/games to the playoffs in the near future so perhaps with some improvement the playoffs will be easier to achieve.

Last edited by erieguy; 01-06-2014 at 07:01 PM..

Old 01-06-2014, 07:42 PM

You're obviously much more invested in this whole topic than I am, so don't be disappointed if I don't continue the discussion past this post.

The fun thing about Karma is that you can attribute just about any outcome you like to its effect. Quit overanalyzing it and just go with the flow.

There's lots of comments up-thread about how many bad teams there were this year. I'd argue that that's not true. It's called "parity". They weren't necessarily bad teams, they just weren't much better than the rest. It kept the playoff race interesting enough that I watched the SD-KC game. That's the first time I've watched a game other than the Steelers in I don't know how long. The league likes that.

Quote:
...when the facts are that the Steelers were not a good team this year, didnt
deserve to be in the playoffs, and didnt win enough games to get in.
Actually, if you think about it, with five seconds left in the game, all that had to happen to keep SD out of the playoffs, was for KC to not miss a 41 yard kick. They missed. Change that one single fact, and who goes to the playoffs instead?

I'll hang up and listen for your answer...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh