Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2013, 06:57 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Looks like Bruce Arians will be sitting at home for the playoffs too.
His "progression" certainly beats another 8-8 mediocre season. Is that 16-16 since the Steelers retired him? On the bright side, while he wont be in the playoffs, at least he has a winning record. 10-6 sure would look good in the AFC. Steelers would be in the playoffs with that record. That would have been great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 07:00 PM

20 posts, read 36,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
ah well....the fat lady sings.
Yeah I seen that too. I knew it just wasn't in the cards this year but hoping for a miracle and we were so close. Just sucks having to rely on another team like that. Dadgum San Diego!

Old 12-29-2013, 07:05 PM

They've been poorly coached and have played below average to mediocre all year. Had the AFC not been so weak they'd have been out weeks ago. No excuse to count on 3 teams to lose to get in. They lost to some bad teams. Very exciting to the very end, however.

Last edited by erieguy; 12-29-2013 at 07:15 PM..

Old 12-29-2013, 09:21 PM

1,010 posts, read 1,395,085 times
More and more I start to believe this league is fixed. No matter how bad the steelers and cowboys suck it seems as though the NFL wants them around till the very end. They make so much dough off of these two cities. The calls that are made, the plays that occur, teams scoring 50 pts a game. I just don't buy it as a legit league anymore.

The games are 60 minutes in length, but it is around 11 mins that both teams are actually in play. It has evolved from a sport into an entertainment business where the stars are criminals.

The NFL has everybody brainwashed. Nothing else on television sundays. Then loyal fans think their favorite players actually give a damn about winning. It is all about the money. Plus the NFL loves finishes like the San Diego / Chiefs game. People and news outlets talk about it for days.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:27 PM

Uhhh, the Cowboys and Steelers are lousy. Cowboys havent seen the playoffs in years. The Steelers have been lousy and that's why theyre .500 the past 2 years. Blaming losses on officiating is a scapegoat to bad play. Officiating is lousy across the board. You wanna talk about huge ratings and money, you put the Steelers vs Cowboys in the Super Bowl.

IMO the Cowboys will never see a Super Bowl again with Jerry or Stephen Jones running the team and Romo at qb, and the Steelers won't sniff another Super Bowl with the current coaching staff and/until Art Rooney keeps his nose out and Kevin Colbert is able to fully do what he's paid to do. Sit in the box, collect money and let the guys do the job theyre paid to do unless you hired them to be a yes man or whipping boy.

Last edited by erieguy; 12-29-2013 at 09:48 PM..

Old 12-30-2013, 05:31 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,058,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman63 View Post
More and more I start to believe this league is fixed. No matter how bad the steelers and cowboys suck it seems as though the NFL wants them around till the very end. They make so much dough off of these two cities. The calls that are made, the plays that occur, teams scoring 50 pts a game. I just don't buy it as a legit league anymore.

The games are 60 minutes in length, but it is around 11 mins that both teams are actually in play. It has evolved from a sport into an entertainment business where the stars are criminals.

The NFL has everybody brainwashed. Nothing else on television sundays. Then loyal fans think their favorite players actually give a damn about winning. It is all about the money. Plus the NFL loves finishes like the San Diego / Chiefs game. People and news outlets talk about it for days.

i dont believe the NFL is "fixed".

i am equally frustrated with stops in play. come back from a commercial, kick a field goal, then break for commercial. but its been like that for decades now.

well, yeah, its about money. its entertainment. and with the cowboys' huge sphere of fandom, it is no wonder why the networks devote so much attention to them, ad nauseum. every august they report on Dallas and act like "yep, this is their year of greatness". every single year.

but like everything else, you can tune it out. ask me who won any golf tournament of renown, or who lost the stanley cup last year and i couldnt tell you. the NHL, especially - when the Penguins lose in the post-season, what interest i had becomes nil...i cant name one song by lady gaga or one erection. i cant stand either one, but i understand both are huge. i just ignore that which doesnt interest me.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:34 AM

802 posts, read 1,321,958 times
This is just my opinion. The Steelers have not played that well since their loss to the Packers in the Super Bowl.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:36 AM

2,324 posts, read 2,908,083 times
I DVR'd the game and started watching it at 2:45 PM. I fast forwarded through the commercials and halftime, and I was done watching at 4:30.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:59 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,921,828 times
For those of you that really payed attention to the Chiefs game. Hope he loses his job... eh that's too mean; it is the holiday season.

NFL admits referees missed penalty on San Diego Chargers at end of regulation vs. Kansas City Chiefs - ESPN

Old 12-30-2013, 11:16 AM

Bad officiating happens at one point or another most every week. Some calls impact games more than others. Succop may or may have not missed a 36 yard field goal. While officiating seems to get worse each year, until there are full-time officials or the ability to challenge penalties, or plays inside of 2 minutes it will continue. While all scoring plays are supposed to be reviewed, I don't believe an illegal formation is a reversible call on a replay. It is unfortunate that bad officiating, on occasion, costs teams a game, but unfortunately its part of the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh