Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 06:51 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,261,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
I have no interest in the likes of Westwood or Lincoln Place.

Here's a small orderly Lincoln Place home for someone who doesn't mind living on a busy road and doesn't like large lawns to cut or nebby neighbors and wants to be less than 10 minutes away from shopping.

20 Lebanon Road, Lincoln Place PA - Trulia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2014, 07:15 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,089,604 times
I like the little fenced in patio on top of the hillside garage in that one.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:16 AM

OK Jay, you need to tell us what it is in that one house that you didn't like. Enquiring minds want to know!

Old 03-15-2014, 08:22 AM

1,860 posts, read 2,579,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
I know I've said it before, but minus the big front lawn, this is basically my dream house. I could afford it easily as well. It's a shame my wife is dead-set against Brighton Heights.
You'd want that setback because Brighton is a busy street.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:35 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,959,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
I have no interest in the likes of Westwood or Lincoln Place.
I graduated from Taylor Allderdice and i agree with you. Lincoln Place is not the place for me.

Old 03-15-2014, 12:49 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
There's only one thing I don't like about it. Can anyone guess what it is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodjules View Post
The street is somewhat busy?
Quote:
The only big flaw I see is they painted the wood trim in the living room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
OK Jay, you need to tell us what it is in that one house that you didn't like. Enquiring minds want to know!
It's a silly thing, given everything that goes into making a house liveable, and I realize it's relatively easy to change, but I can't stand wallpaper borders up near the ceiling, like the ones in this BR. I hate wallpaper in general, but these borders take wallpaper to a whole 'nother level of ugly than wallpaper could ever hope to reach on its own.
Attached Thumbnails
Housing crisis in Pittsburgh? Dont think so-3644-brighton-road-15212.jpg  

Old 03-15-2014, 01:16 PM

3,463 posts, read 4,647,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboPGH View Post
A few more places within city limits (or just outside) that appear to be in pretty good shape in the 60-90K range:

- A cape cod in Beechview that I believe is under agreement now, but HOLY HELL LOOK AT THAT KITCHEN!

- Classic little Pittsburgh house in Bellevue that looks like it could stand some kitchen work, but is otherwise lovely.

- Similar looking place in Brookline, on the Blvd, between Memorial Park the business district.

- Interesting mid-century place in shamefully under-appreciated Sugar Top.
I noticed the Beechview house is on
Fallowfield. Great kitchen for a home that price. I'd say most of the houses you posted had very nice kitchens for houses under $100k.

Old 03-15-2014, 01:19 PM

3,463 posts, read 4,647,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
It's a silly thing, given everything that goes into making a house liveable, and I realize it's relatively easy to change, but I can't stand wallpaper borders up near the ceiling, like the ones in this BR. I hate wallpaper in general, but these borders take wallpaper to a whole 'nother level of ugly than wallpaper could ever hope to reach on its own.
I'm with you on that. However, unless you're buying an older home that has been completely renovated, you're going to have work to do. In my experience I generally don't like the choices other people make when they renovate. I'd rather get a place that needs a little work and put my own stamp on it.

Old 03-15-2014, 01:24 PM

You could always paint the border the same color as the walls. Although it's pretty easy to take borders down, and only two of the rooms have them anyway. Hmmmm.... are you SURE you don't want this house Jay? If Eschaton doesn't buy it first, that is.

Which reminds me--Eschaton, have you actually been in the house? I want to know more about the cupid in the plaster moulding. What room is it in? And is there one in each corner?

Old 03-15-2014, 01:31 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
I know I've said it before, but minus the big front lawn, this is basically my dream house. I could afford it easily as well. It's a shame my wife is dead-set against Brighton Heights.
Good heavens! The front lawn isn't *that* big and it looks like it might be planted in ivy or some other type of low-maintenance greenery. If not, you could do that or hire some kid to mow it. It looks like the house my parents owned in Beaver Falls, with a little more pizazz!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh