Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 12:51 PM

29 posts, read 78,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
I tried to find an example of his work, but only found the one in the paper. Not impressive. However, that may not show his real talent. Does anyone know if he's any good? I've seen some beautiful graffiti art on walls by others. Would love to see more of what he can do.
What you saw in the paper is what I see all over the city, not that impressive, just in bizarre places. Public art can be beautiful if it is done with the consent of the owner, by a commissioned artist. We have some wonderful mural projects going on in this city. But, again, with consent, not in the middle of the night with a spray can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 12:56 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,539,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheradenmom View Post
I get sick of hearing all the excuses for why people do what they do. At some point, grow up and be an adult. People must be responsible for their actions and this man needs to held accountable.

You sound like my Mom.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:17 PM

4 posts, read 8,529 times
Wink get a life

All of you need to get a life and stop talking **** on Daniel. If this was your child/friend/boyfriend you would have a different outlook on the situation. Most of the people commenting sound like straight up brainless *******s. None of you know the full story. What is portrayed of him on the news is nowhere close to the truth. One day these paintings are going to be famous pieces of artwork that people are going to cherish and try to restore. This boys talent far exceeds the damage done. Hes going to be the next Andy Warhol. You guys are all going to feel like idiots when his paintings are selling for hundreds of thousands of dollars. I want to thank the media for giving my boyfriend so much publicity and helping to kick off his career. Daniel may have committed a crime but he does not fit the typical criminal mold. He screwed up and shows lots of remorse for his crimes. Hes been sitting in jail for 5 months now and has learned his lesson, anymore time is going to do no good. For all of you who think and hope my boyfriend is in jail until hes 75, dream on, because he's getting out in August! BROWN EYES STAY FREE.
SPACEGIRL LOVES SPACEBOY!!!!

Old 06-02-2008, 10:37 PM

240 posts, read 837,946 times
Maybe you spacegirl can come to my neighborhood and remove all the unsightly spaceboy tags. FWIW I see no artistic value in the word spaceboy being painted on the side of whatever.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:50 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,539,142 times
When you two buy a house, let me know where, I'll paint it for you.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dura View Post
Maybe you spacegirl can come to my neighborhood and remove all the unsightly spaceboy tags. FWIW I see no artistic value in the word spaceboy being painted on the side of whatever.
I would be more than happy to clean up Danny's mess, any of his friends would do it, but that option was never given to us. And you can't see the artistic value in his names because you are probably a close minded racist ******* who knows nothing about art and expressing oneself.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:21 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,146,737 times
And you're a sycophant who possess the critical reasoning skills of a 12-year-old. So please forgive us adults if we don't take your ramblings too seriously.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:34 AM

125 posts, read 398,626 times
Quote:
None of you know the full story.
Was it a life or death situation that caused him to damage property? Seriously, I think I know enough of this story to have an opinion.

Quote:
I would be more than happy to clean up Danny's mess, any of his friends would do it, but that option was never given to us. And you can't see the artistic value in his names because you are probably a close minded racist ******* who knows nothing about art and expressing oneself.
First of all, I'm excited you admit it's a mess.
Secondly, why are people racist if they don't find value in his names? Someone can be black, white, green, whatever - and if they are painting on property that's NOT THEIRS, then I will still think they are a jackass.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:24 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,253,321 times
His work is crap work. Boring and repulsive as a soggy saltine.
Love,
The former art rep that represented a real artist that paid the bills via creative flow.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:45 PM

I just know for a fact that a lot of the people in Lawrenceville are racist and have issues with Danny because he is hispanic. There is one man in specific who is a Nazi that targets Danny and says terrible things about him. You may think his graffiti is crap, and I disagree, but there is no way you could call his canvas paintings crap. Hes won dozens of awards for his artwork in San Francisco. I'm done with you guys and am not going to waste my time defending my boyfriend, whom none of you know. "YINZ" are brainless morons that probably never made it past high school, and your just jealous that Danny is going to do well in life because you all probably pray everynight that he spends the rest of his life in jail. DREAM ON SILLY RABBIT TRICKS ARE FOR KIDS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh