Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 08:49 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippy View Post
Inspiring hate crimes?! Like these ones? fakehatecrimes.org

Are you referring to the lunatic in Portland, whose Facebook posts show him to be Sanders/Stein supporter? You can watch a video on YouTube of him being kicked out of a Trump rally on April 29th by real Trump supporters who tell him his hate speech has no place with them and will not be tolerated.

Maybe you are referring to Eric Clanton, antifa goon and former ethics and philosophy professor. He seemed to be fueled by hate when he attacked innocent people at a Trump rally with a U-lock.

I wonder what Kathy Griffin was trying to inspire with her "art." Peace? Love?

The narrative that Trump inspires hatred or violence in his supporters is false and completely baseless.
Yes, more nonsense about how bad Trump is, LoL.

Did the DNC inspire the lunatic in Portland to stab two people?

What about Obama, did he inspire people to riot, loot and murder?

Old 06-05-2017, 10:32 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
The region is celebrating the new cracker plant in Monaca, there is the chemical plant on Neville, the Cheswick power plant, etc. I'm lost as to why Pittsburghers would be offended by the city's name being mentioned.
First of all, how many people have been to Pittsburgh? None of my friends/relatives have been there, because they can't get it out of their heads, the image Pittsburgh had in the 40's, 50's, when you needed street lights on during the daytime. And all this did was reinforce the old images of that city.

Me thinks a lawsuit is in order here, or a sincere apology!

Same with Los Angeles, many think the dense smog is still there, yet L.A. has reduced their Red Alert Days from 200 in the year 2000 to 100! That's progress! And with all the light rail construction, many would find it's unbelievable you don't even need a car there anymore to navigate the city.

Old images can stick around for decades!

Last edited by tijlover; 06-05-2017 at 10:54 PM..

Old 06-05-2017, 11:05 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,879,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
While I didn't care for Mitt Romney too much, he sure didn't say the BS Trump does.
I don't disagree in regards to a lot of things that are said by the administration but specifically in regards to this Paris Accords it was just 2 years ago that we were able to have a rational debate on why the agreement may be a poorly structured one but solely because there's an association with Trump & the decision to exit the Accords, its met with automatic hysterics of how terrible the decision is and an outright refusal by any of those people to actually address any of the relevant points as to why the US decided to leave the agreement.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:26 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,598,215 times
Yeah, look at how the acting US ambassador to China just resigned because of Trump's climate decision. What an uninformed snowflake that dude must be.

And Elon Musk of Tesla, Bob Iger of Disney, Lloyd Blankfein of Goldman Sachs...CEOs just being hysterical. Sad!

Old 06-06-2017, 12:57 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,420,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkTransplant View Post
Yeah, look at how the acting US ambassador to China just resigned because of Trump's climate decision. What an uninformed snowflake that dude must be.

And Elon Musk of Tesla, Bob Iger of Disney, Lloyd Blankfein of Goldman Sachs...CEOs just being hysterical. Sad!
I wonder how many good Trumpies can talk intelligently about climate change.

What do you know about ocean acidification, the rapid warming of the deep ocean, and the ravishment of the West by the pine beetle. All of these present easily observed and recorded evidence of the immediate impact of climate change.

http://e360.yale.edu/features/northw...on_has_arrived

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...eetle-s-mouth/

Suggestion, if you want to see Yellowstone National Park with all of its flora and fauna, get there soon.

Bob Iger recently opened the Land of Pandora at Disney World, designed under the supervision of James Cameron. It's likely that Iger consequently has a great grasp of the ramifications of climate change.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...climate-change

Of course, Trump and his little Trumpies, condescendingly hubristic in their uninformed and lazy ignorance, can even ignore the likes of Pope Francis (how did he escape your insults?).

Pope Francis Urges Care of the Environment on Twitter | Time.com

The seriousness of the issue creates the unusual occurrence these days that few are even laughing at Trump and his Trumpies when it comes to climate change, despite the best efforts of late night talk show hosts to find humor in the planet's environmental destruction.

Old 06-06-2017, 03:20 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,822 times
Oy vey
Trump, eh ? What a character.
Also, I might have () mentioned it before, but just in case I didn't - this is not the politics forum. You all had your "fun", but that's it.
Thread closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh