Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2018, 07:00 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDaisy View Post
Because that isn't a fact at this point. Because the words "criminal" and "thug" have been used for the people in the car without all of the facts known.

I hate to add to the speculation but it could be that he was with someone who did it but wasn't involved himself. He could have gotten scared and ran.
He was in the car involved in a drive by shooting and murder. Are you really that naive? How do you think the loved ones of the person shot minutes before feel?

Old 06-22-2018, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDaisy View Post
I think Peduto's clarification tweet would have been fine if he had first mentioned how sorry he was that it occurred. I see why he wanted to get that message out asap.

I think it's easier to understand that St. Louis and Ferguson were separate. The names alone - East Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh - just sound related, particularly because many places don't have the little boroughs that PA has.
It is sad this criminal choose a life which ultimately resulting in his death. I would not use the word "sorry" to describe the completely justifiable and lawful actions by the police to protect the public. The police did their job.

Old 06-22-2018, 07:07 AM

14,353 posts, read 17,030,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
He was a threat. The police did not know if he had a gun. Minutes before he was involved in a murder. Clearly he was a treat to anyone he encountered.
I've stayed out of this thread, but if he was involved in a murder, why did they let the driver of the car go after questioning? Wouldn't the driver be - at minimum - accessory to murder if Antwon Rose was involved himself?

Old 06-22-2018, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
I've stayed out of this thread, but if he was involved in a murder, why did they let the driver of the car go after questioning? Wouldn't the driver be - at minimum - accessory to murder if Antwon Rose was involved himself?
That was covered in this thread. They have to have enough evidence to hold someone. He will probably be arrested when the investigation is further along.

Old 06-22-2018, 07:17 AM

Default Irresponsible media

The media is being very irresponsible in this situation (as would be expected). They constantly play up how this criminal was "unarmed". How could the police know that at the time? The downplay or ignore the shooting this criminal was involved in minutes before. They go on and on about how this criminal was a good person and how his loved ones and community feel but they do not do the same thing with the loved ones and community of the victim of the drive by shooting minutes before. Finally the are doing nothing to educate the people about Pennsylvania law which applies in these situations.

The irresponsible media could result in more victims related to the aftermath of this situation.

Old 06-22-2018, 07:41 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,154,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prnlvsxy View Post
This is the kind of thing that really makes me want to ignore and/or contradict whatever it is you're protesting.

I'm all massive amounts of people gathering to get your point across. It worked with the Muslim ban, it worked with the ACA repeal (though that's at risk again). But blocking roads absolutely infuriates me. It's so selfish. There's genuine concerns about people not getting to a hospital in time, both as a patient and to visit a loved one, people not getting to work on time and not having an understanding boss, etc.

Plus, if it's a cause that I'm sympathetic towards, then I resent the protesters that do this because they're doing more harm to the cause than good.

It's just bad all the way around.
This reply perfectly sums up how I feel about protests as well. It can be a great tool that leads to impact like with the airport protests against the Muslim ban and what the parkland kids are doing, but blocking highways will not get you many to take your side, no matter what it is.

With the killing of the 17 year old though, all I'm going to say is surely if the cops can apprehend white mass shooters without killing them, surely they could have done the same with Antwon.

Last edited by bradjl2009; 06-22-2018 at 07:51 AM..

Old 06-22-2018, 08:04 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:

The irresponsible media could result in more victims related to the aftermath of this situation.
I think that is what the news/media wants. Balanced news doesn't sell so it isn't in their best interest to cover all sides. I tried to search about the 22 year old that was shot moments before and found nothing on it. No name of the victim, no details. Nothing. I know everything about Antwon as I have known him all my life. Nothing about the 22 year old. It is pretty scary how the media manipulates everyone so easily. Protests, all kind of things that will go on and on in our city for months and even years. The news makes good money on this type of thing, so there is no stopping them. It is unsettling.

I feel bad for everyone effected by this. Such a mess from beginning to end. Shame the kid is dead at such a young age. Really sad stuff. Wish we could go back in time and fix it.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
This reply perfectly sums up how I feel about protests as well. It can be a great tool that leads to impact like with the airport protests against the Muslim ban and what the parkland kids are doing, but blocking highways will not get you many to take your side, no matter what it is.

With the killing of the 17 year old though, all I'm going to say is surely if the cops can apprehend white mass shooters without killing them, surely they could have done the same with Antwon.
Are you a police officer? This criminal had just been involved in a shooting where bullets were flying and he did not listen to the police. The only reasonable conclusion is he was an immediate threat to the public. That threat needed to be ended. The police did what they are paid to do and they were well within Pennsylvania law.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:11 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Shooting in the back = murder. Period.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:12 AM

2,277 posts, read 3,960,892 times
Quote:
Are you a police officer? This criminal had just been involved in a shooting where bullets were flying and he did not listen to the police. The only reasonable conclusion is he was an immediate threat to the public. That threat needed to be ended. The police did what they are paid to do and they were well within Pennsylvania law.
Judge, jury and executioner...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh