Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2018, 09:47 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,015,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
Photos clearly show the City of Pittsburgh police out there on the Parkway.
Wonder why? Of course these dumb protestors protest city cops even though this wasn't in the city. lol

I see rain on the way. That will end the protests for the most part. We aren't talking about the toughest of people.

Loved watching that van plow through the morons. Guess the cops didn't stop him prior. He had enough. I know I would plow through and might go pretty fast. Gotta stand my ground as a driver and be safe.

Old 06-21-2018, 09:53 PM

94 posts, read 79,020 times
These are some angry people. They're angry about life. Most of them could care less about this kid when it's all said and done. This is an ideal opportunity to raise hell. It keeps feeding off itself and has grown into this mess.

Old 06-22-2018, 01:40 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,401,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I noticed the cops diverted the vehicles way before the protests. That was smart as the people on that road might take care of business in their own way. I drive that road often and believe me I think the protestors would be mowed down. There are some tough folks in that region. Wish the cops would just let things pan out without them diverting, but there would be some whoop ass for sure. The protestors would be on the short end. A van just rolled through them as I was typing this. He made it though and I hope others follow and with force. I can't condone this type of bullying! Hope the cars/trucks take care of these losers!

My dad owned a trucking company, I am still Facebook friends with a lot of his old workers. There is a large group of truck drivers who refuse to stop for protesters. They use Reginald Denny as the reason for that. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atta...Reginald_Denny

Old 06-22-2018, 05:30 AM

684 posts, read 420,465 times
This is the kind of thing that really makes me want to ignore and/or contradict whatever it is you're protesting.

I'm all massive amounts of people gathering to get your point across. It worked with the Muslim ban, it worked with the ACA repeal (though that's at risk again). But blocking roads absolutely infuriates me. It's so selfish. There's genuine concerns about people not getting to a hospital in time, both as a patient and to visit a loved one, people not getting to work on time and not having an understanding boss, etc.

Plus, if it's a cause that I'm sympathetic towards, then I resent the protesters that do this because they're doing more harm to the cause than good.

It's just bad all the way around.

Old 06-22-2018, 06:11 AM

14,188 posts, read 22,779,234 times
If you block a limited-access highway, then **** you.

Old 06-22-2018, 06:27 AM

24,438 posts, read 23,110,611 times
Gotta say that every time someone on the left pushes for having a police state, I just want to rap their empty noggin because this is what they'd be on the receiving end of more than anyone else. They just don't get it.
So what's the deal here? I heard two handguns were found in the car and the car may have been involved in a drive by shooting but as usual the MSM is spinning this to get protests going and isn't releasing any facts of the case. We need independent online citizen journalists to keep us informed.

Old 06-22-2018, 06:42 AM

24,438 posts, read 23,110,611 times
So... they found two handguns in the car and Antwon Rose had an empty handgun magazine on him? Well, maybe he wasn't the choir boy they tried to make him out to be. More like a Michael Brown.
"Idiot cop guns down idiot thug. Two losers off the streets and Pittsburghers are too dumb to celebrate and instead protest." There's your headline.

Old 06-22-2018, 06:47 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,925,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Is anyone else as outraged as I am about how many media outlets and members of the general public are confusing East Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh? Mayor Bill Peduto was eviscerated on social media for Tweeting that he wanted to clarify that East Pittsburgh wasn’t a part of the city. The Facebook page for the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police has been inundated with people calling the Pittsburgh Police “killers”, and arguing with these uninformed people has been exhausting.

If everyone could understand St. Louis was not the “keeper” of Ferguson, then why can’t people understand that Pittsburgh is not the “keeper” of East Pittsburgh? I do NOT want MY city marred by this. I do NOT want MY mayor blamed for this or being made to be the “face” of this. I do NOT want the officers of MY city targeted for this.
Ignorance, generalizations, and emotions really can cloud the truth hmmm....

Old 06-22-2018, 06:56 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,995,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDaisy View Post
Here's some facts about Antwon Rose, the 17 year old, unarmed boy who was one of the ones shot.

He was a good student, volunteered at the Free Store, loved sports, had jobs and was well-liked.
He was involved in a drive by shooting minutes before and that drive by shooting had bullets flying which killed one person and put people nearby in danger. Good people do not participate in drive by shooting.

Old 06-22-2018, 06:58 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,995,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
Maybe because theres a chance he had nothing to do with it, and is dead from being shot in the back while being no threat. Your entire stance is 'eh who knows he might have been bad, good job on the murder 2 hour old cop'

Just like the rapper in the Hill you tried to tie to this last night then backpedaled? Or does your couch get quicker updates than the rest of ours.

He was a threat. The police did not know if he had a gun. Minutes before he was involved in a murder. Clearly he was a treat to anyone he encountered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh