Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 10:31 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
My statement was truthful. The oil and gas industry is racist...and sexist, but it’s heralded because it provides high-paying jobs to unskilled, under educated white men.

https://www.post-gazette.com/busines...s/201601240121

https://www.usnews.com/news/the-repo...he-us-oil-boom

It’s also an environmentally catastrophic industry. And guess what, climate change deniers are also more likely to be racists.

https://www.sierraclub.org/sierra/cl...climate-change
Nope, you’ve proven to be the only racist here right now.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:07 AM

969 posts, read 772,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Nope, you’ve proven to be the only racist here right now.
Why are you attacking someone for believing, and it's not far fetched, that oil and gas jobs are mostly provided and taken by uneducated white males?

That isn't in the least bit racist. I also believe it and I'm a white male.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdv8 View Post
Why are you attacking someone for believing, and it's not far fetched, that oil and gas jobs are mostly provided and taken by uneducated white males?

I’m not attacking anyone and I don’t care what color you are.

Grouping all men doing a job in the oil/gas industry as uneducated white men is certainly being racist.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:45 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,966,636 times
Quote:

At no point did I pas judgment upon or attribute negative qualities to uneducated white males. I guess I’m supposed to value high paying jobs for them over the air I breathe.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
I’m not attacking anyone and I don’t care what color you are.

Grouping all men doing a job in the oil/gas industry as uneducated white men is certainly being racist.
No, to me that is just speaking down to oil and gas people. Since you and Ohio just had to derail this thread let's go all in so the mods show up and delete this garbage in a few days.

How is their comment in any way racist? I don't even see it as bigoted, maybe you can explain instead of calling people names.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:54 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,966,636 times
Quote:
No, to me that is just speaking down to oil and gas people. Since you and Ohio just had to derail this thread let's go all in so the mods show up and delete this garbage in a few days.

How is their comment in any way racist? I don't even see it as bigoted, maybe you can explain instead of calling people names.
Classist would be a much better accusation. Conservatives are just chomping at the bit to accuse minorities of being racist, though.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:

I didn’t derail any thread. I responded to gladhands who was talking about it.

I already clearly explained it to you and also received pm’s from other posters who reported the posts as racist. So perhaps the mods will be here and perhaps they won’t.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:59 AM

You didn't explain anything and no one cares about your PMs.

Is it racist to say "Apple mostly only hires educated white males."?

Old 12-18-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
You didn't explain anything and no one cares about your PMs.

Is it racist to say "Apple mostly only hires educated white males."?
I certainly did.

Was that said? Was it said in a negative and demeaning way?

Old 12-18-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
I certainly did.

Was that said? Was it said in a negative and demeaning way?
So the tone of an internet post is what made it racist not the actual text? How was it demeaning to you? I would rather see all dirty energy jobs wiped out because our health and climate matter more. That's what they are saying, and they rightfully point out that only one group benefits from the earth killing jobs while everyone else suffers.

You will disagree with that, for many reasons but it isn't racist to point out that sometimes some people benefit more than others in certain industries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh