Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2023, 08:08 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,960,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
the 15235 area code has some nice, somewhat modern homes (post 1965, say) for CHEAP. i am guessing its because of the tax rate there.
15235 covers Penn Hills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2023, 09:09 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,132,504 times
Yeah my son was looking at some homes there a few months ago before rates climbed even higher. Those taxes put him off completely.

Old 04-14-2023, 09:55 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,670,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
how would this be accomplished? i mean, will you take x% from the more lucrative pot and even it out? but then you will hear from parents who complain their la crosse team now has to raise money for gear or something.
will taxes be raised on the greater and the lesser districts, to create MORE of the 'pot', and from there, its divied up?

everything and anything might be a great, obvious solution, until its sliced open for a look at the molecular level. i am not necessarily against what you suggest (well, you didnt 'suggest' it as much as throw it out there for discussion - the prospect of "equitable sharing").

totally irrelevant, but great music when you think deeply into a subject:
There was a Commonwealth Court ruling on Feb 7, 2023 in which Pennsylvania’s school funding system was ruled unconstitutional. It is just a matter of time before a new system of more equitable school funding is implemented. The current system forces poor school districts to increase property taxes, which makes these areas less and less desirable to purchase houses. It would appear that the only way to accomplish this would be large increases in sales and state income taxes.

Old 04-14-2023, 10:18 AM

1,913 posts, read 740,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
There was a Commonwealth Court ruling on Feb 7, 2023 in which Pennsylvania’s school funding system was ruled unconstitutional. It is just a matter of time before a new system of more equitable school funding is implemented. The current system forces poor school districts to increase property taxes, which makes these areas less and less desirable to purchase houses. It would appear that the only way to accomplish this would be large increases in sales and state income taxes.
Glad I'm not working anymore. Tax the incomes of the working people to pay for the kids of criminals and welfare dependents? That's a winning idea. It will drive even more people out of PA.

Old 04-14-2023, 10:25 AM

987 posts, read 280,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
Glad I'm not working anymore. Tax the incomes of the working people to pay for the kids of criminals and welfare dependents? That's a winning idea. It will drive even more people out of PA.
I’m guessing a lot of people are glad about that.

Old 04-14-2023, 10:26 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,670,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
It is just shifting the funding of schools from one tax to another tax. The current system is unfair to poor districts and makes them even more undesirable. Property taxes are also a huge burden on people on fixed incomes who get forced out of their homes because they are unable to afford the large payments. There are similar lawsuits in most states, so it will not just be affecting PA.

Old 04-14-2023, 10:28 AM

1,913 posts, read 740,186 times
They will be paying property taxes for their own schools and income taxes for the welfare schools they get no benefit from. There really is no limit to the parasitic dreams of the underclass.

Old 04-14-2023, 11:07 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Bingo…how dare meanie Republican Boomers stand in the way of folks shortcomings, lol

Old 04-14-2023, 03:39 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
You're glad that people aren't working anymore? Like you're glad to see fewer white people in the country? Fewer honkeys, fewer, workers....it all sounds like a solid plan.

Old 04-14-2023, 03:47 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
You're glad that people aren't working anymore? Like you're glad to see fewer white people in the country? Fewer honkeys, fewer, workers....it all sounds like a solid plan.
Bingo…And they’re anxiously waiting for 2040, is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh